06

We arrived as scheduled. The center city of Regulon transformed as the sun began to dip below the horizon, giving a radiant warmth to the cool embrace of the night. I stared at the scarlet sky as I stood behind the huge windows of my inn as Azner arranged the things we brought. The invisible barrier that surrounded Regulon turned into walls where luminescent crystals were embedded which gives off a strong essence that makes the city livelier. Magical lanterns suspended in the air flickered to life, casting intricate shadows that danced along the ancient stone facades.  Mystical creatures, unseen during the day, emerged from hidden nooks and crannies, their silhouettes blending seamlessly with the night.

"So, some things never changed, huh," I said as Azner stood beside me. When we were kids, palagi kaming patagong naglalaro palabas para lang makita ang kagandahan ng buong bayan. We're royalties kaya delikado ito sa amin so we had to put up disguises para lang makapaglaro sa labas.

"Right," he replied timidly.

Magic shops, adorned with cascading ivy and enchanted lanterns, opened their doors to nocturnal customers seeking rare artifacts and magical trinkets. Street performers, dressed in fantastical attire, captivated audiences with illusions and fire dances under the moonlit archways. The city's canals mirrored the celestial display above, the water rippling with the reflections of the magical lights.

Overhead, magical creatures soared through the night sky on invisible currents of air. Winged dragons, their scales glinting like precious gemstones, circled above, while benevolent griffins guarded the city's towers.

"You should rest early; we still have to take the exam early in the morning tomorrow. We can't fail," I said, and I heard him sigh kaya napatingin ako sa kaniya.

"Did you really think that they will let me take the exam? An ex-convict? The most wanted man in this country?" he asked sarcastically.

"Why not?" I asked. "You're my Pristine. You will be taking the magic exam as my Pristine after all. Isa pa, without that license, they know that your body cannot contain your huge amount of essence kaya ang license lang ang tanging paraan para hindi maulit ang plague," I said at napahinga ako ng malalim. "Although I firmly believe that you are not the cause of it," I added. Hindi lang naman siya ang may Astral Essence nang mangyari iyon eh. Lara was there too, and she has Astral Essence. There is a possibility na pinagtatakapan lang siya ng Grand Magus. She's his precious daughter after all.

"Fine, Fine," he said at tumalikod siya. "Whatever," he added at lumabas na siya sa kwarto ko. Napatingin ulit ako sa labas and I clenched my fist. I'll take it slowly and surely. I'll take you out of this hell, Azner. You are innocent, I'm sure of that.

--

"Your Highness," I heard in a faint voice. It's Xavian's voice.

I slowly opened my eyes and found myself cocooned in a warmth embrace from my blanket. The room was draped with hues of early dawn, and I could smell the scent of fresh baked bread from the morning air. Napatingin ako sa gilid ko and I saw Xavian, holding my flexible armor for my licensure exam. Beside him was Azner whose wearing his armor already, pero halata pa rin ang pagod sa mga mata niya. He must've been having a hard time sleeping.

"Good morning, Your Highness! The breakfast is ready. The exam is an hour away and I recommend you get up now and get dressed," Xavian added with a sarcastic smile. Mukhang kanina niya pa yata ako ginigising. 

"5 minutes," sagot ko at pumikit ulit ako.

"Yes, yes," he said. "Ganon na lang rin po kaliit ang pasensya ko," he added with a sarcastic voice at agad akong bumangon at tiningnan siya. "Glare at me all you want, Your Highness. I don't care as long as you are not going to be late," he added with another sarcastic smile- AGAIN.