CHAPTER 10

AIRA'S POV

Everyone of us are seating in a stair-like-bench, the girls are complaining while I am in deep thought. Is it really that bad that they will include third graders in this kind of situation?

"Gosh we have to carry this heavy thing everyday?"

"Gosh that's what im saying! If we lose it we get discharged and have to pay a fine."

While Heerak, who was examining the gun suddenly said. "Hey, doesn't this look like the ones from the games?"

"But we don't use M16s even in the game. The recoil is bad and the noise is bad too." Ilha replied to his friend.

"Does M16s use 5.56mm or 7.52mm?"

"Are you an idiot? What were those thousands of hours of games for? Its 5.56mm." Bora said to him.

I am sitting few steps down from them but i can still hear they're conversation.

"I see you're not complaining, the girls said the guns are pretty heavy." I almost forgot that jangsoo is sitting next to me.

"There not, they are just being dramatic." I told him while looking at him.

He clared his throat and was about to say something when i was force fully shoved to the side. Luckyly Jangsoo was beside me to catch me if not, i will be kissing the floor right now. I looked up and realized how awkward our position is. He is basically gripping my waist and my hands are on his chest. ON HIS CHEST. not to mention our faces are inches away from each other. I dont need a mirror to find out that i look like a tomato right now, but looking at the face in front of me he looked super red. I wonder if he's still breathing. But base from the rapidly beating of his heart, he is indeed breathing. He's cute cat eyes are wide and his face are all red.

Thankfully i snapped out of my thoughts before i even embarrass my self more. I pull my hands off his chest and awkwardly going back to original position. I cough silently when i realized that he is still not taking his hands off my waist and still looking at me with the same intensity.

"Uhmm, Jangsoo... Your hands, please."

"Ohh, umm, yeah, sorry." He quickly removed his hands from my waist and looked at him. Trying not to notice the awkwardness.

"You know-" He was about to say something when he was cut off by another soldier shouting.

"Sit back down you punk!" The soilder said while pointing his fingers to Deokjoong, who ran back to his seat beside Kimchi.

Beside me i heard Jangsoo sighed. I turned to him and he just smiled at me.

"Break is over, gather." He said to us. He then turned his back on us, and i just realized that some of my classmates are running in the field with there guns pointing at Taeman jokingly. I shake my head in disappointment, do they not realized that these guns are real? That they could kill anyone anytime? Bunch of idiot.

"Yah! All of you gather too!" The soldier tried to call the attention of Ilha and the others who are playing. But obviously none of them are paying him attention. The soldier looked so done with them and turned to us again. "Hurry up and come down."

He was yelling at the students to gather but he was cut off when he heard Soyeon yelled.

"Excuse me, ahjussi!" The soldier harshly looked at her after he heard the word Ahjussi , as if he couldn't believe someone actually called him that.
I noticed how he hold his chest in a offended matter and shouted.

"Im not an Ahjussi!" Startling everyone neer him, including Jangsoo and I. "I am 21 years old, only 2 years older than you lot." The girls looked at him as if he is delusional. Meanwhile Jangsoo and I looked at each other at the same time and held our laughters, to the point that i have to put my hands over his mouth to stop the sound from coming out.

"Excuse me, Ahjussi." Still Soyeon continued her purpose on calling him.

"What?" With a look on his face i couldn't explain, only i know that he's not happy with that.

"Could you give me clean gun instead? I think someone used it before." Soyeon asked while acting cute.

Because of that i couldn't hold my laughters anymore. I removed my hands off Jangsoo's mouth and used it to slap his biceps. I was laughing so hard that i didn't realize everyone was looking at me. I looked at Soyeon she looked so serious asking that question that made me laugh even more.

"Why are you laughing?" Jangsoo asked in curiosity.

I tried to hold my laughters before i respond to his questions.

"Obviously, All the guns are used by someone else before." Right after i said that the soldier in front of us raised both his hands up and slapped it in his thights and looked at me as if he is proud.

"Finally! Someone who actually use their brain!" While pointing at me. Everyone looked at me shocked, probably because of how i knew that. I stood up from my seat and looked at Jang soo who is still infact busy looking at me and winked at him. I turned my back against them and walked towards the field. Not before tapping the soldiers shoulder two times

"Hurry up and come down!" He turned to my classmates who are busy playing and said. "Hey! You guys stop it and gather!" "Gosh come down!"

A load whistle can be heard catching the attention of some of the students excluding the ones who are playing.

"Go to your position! Didn't you hear!?" The female soldier said to my classmates on the stair-like-bench. Platoon Leader was behind her walking with so much power. He placed his whistle in his pocket and looked at the students playing in the field.

"To your position right now!" The female soldier said.

I tried to catch Jangsoo's eyes and when i successfully did i mentioned for him beside me. I didn't wanna anger the Platoon Leader more. He immediately understood me and ran towards my direction. The Platoon Leader's eyes followed Jangsoo while running towards me, and nod his head towards us.

"What are you all doing now!? To position!"
Ofcourse everyone are gonna follow him, hes intimidating as hell. Everyone started to come to the position where Jangsoo and I are standing.

"The personal firearms that you have could either save your lives or take them furing battle." He walked towards us and stopped infront of Ilha.

The Platoon Leader looked at him in a way that will make you scared. He harshly grabbed Ilha's gun off his hands. He then looked at everyone and said

"The only thing to trust during crisis is not your friend or comrade!" He looked at everyone in disappointment and held the gun up. "Its the personal firearms that you have. Now you should really be treating such personal firearms recklessly!?" Everyone is silent whith their head facing the ground. No one answered his question so he asked again. And this time everyone answered him. The Platoon Leader then pointed something in his left side, causing us to look towards it.

"You see the goal post there, right? First 3 only."

________

Updating slow because of my schoolworks😭