Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Anonymous

            I watch as Payton wheels Kyle out from the hospital after his surgery. Seems like Luke did a small amount of damage the other day when they were fighting. She helps him get into the passenger side of the car and she goes around to the other side and climbs in the driver's seat. It's a little jerky when she pulls out of the parking stall, but then she smooths it out and drives out of the parking lot. I start the car moments before they're out of sight and then follow after them.

            I had been following them around since Luke got arrested, just as he asked me to. Though Luke is plotting his own little feeble attempt at revenge on Kyle and Payton, I have my own revenge to take care of with them. I have something special planned for Payton especially, but I need to get her alone.

            I eye the gun on the passenger seat as I turn the corner after them. And something even better planned for Kyle. I can already imagine the look of terror on his face as he looks down at his own blood gushing from his chest, arms, legs, anywhere I can manage to get a target of.

            As they pull to a stop in front of the light, myself right behind them, I send a quick text to Luke.

            It's done.

            Now you might be confused about how I can text him, especially when he's in jail, but when you have inside sources, it's actually somewhat easy. The phone dings, signalling the arrival of a new text, and I smile.

            Good.

            Now, all we have to do is wait.