Chapter 11

I woke up at 2:30 in the morning to hear quiet screams and sobs. I sat up slowly and crept out of my room.

I tried to figure out where they were coming from when I heard them through Scott's door.

Oh no.

I opened his door to see him screaming in his sleep, not able to move. He's having sleep paralysis.

I went over to him, careful not to scare him, and shook him a little bit.

Scott suddenly sat up and breathed heavily. He saw me and he relaxed a little.

"Hey, calm down, I'm here." I whispered to him, rubbing circles on his back.

His breathing calmed down after a few minutes.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked him quietly.

Scott nodded his head and he leaned back on his pillows. I sat next to him and held his hand.

"So, you know how b-before Alex dropped you off the bridge, I-I caught you?" He said shakily.

I nodded my head, moving closer to him.

"I-In my dream, I-I was too late."

I felt so bad at that moment. I just wanted to hug him for the rest of time and never let him go.

"Well, I'm still here aren't I?" I said with a sympathetic smile.

He smiled and nodded, hugging me.

After we pulled away from the hug, it was silent for a little bit. I saw his face go blank and he looked at me.

"You won't leave me, right?" He said quietly.

My heart stopped beating. I've never seen him this vulnerable before. This dream was all my fault. I almost left him.

"Scott. I will never leave you again." I said, barely audible. But loud enough so Scott could hear.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me in for a hug. But this hug felt different than the last one. It felt like relief.

I pulled away and kissed his fore head softly. He smiled and I smiled back.

I walked out of his room and I looked back one more time.

"I'm ok." Scott said to me laying down.

"Good." I said shutting his door.

I went into my room, sat on my bed, and texted Kirstie.

Mitchie: u know how you said that i love Scott yesterday

Kirstie McDonald's: yaa

Mitchie: you were right

And I knew that Kirstie was smiling. I was, too.