Chapter 5: The Nervous Girl

One day after the incident with Kraz, Negi was in the Headmaster's office with Takamichi, the General Secretary of the United Nations Magic Department, Don Donahuge and Headmaster Konoe as they were discussing the incident that Negi was involved in last night.

Headmaster Konoe: (says grim) As I feared, the archenemies of Thousand Master had truly stolen the Star Crystal.

Don Donahuge: (says stern) My agents believe it was him as there was evidence that made it clear that his organization was responsible.

Negi: (says sad) My father knew it too because I saw him run in the direction of the building that exploded and I even saw him fight Kraz and his minions.

Takamichi Takahata: (says with a proud smile) You did the brave thing of investigating the matter and telling us who stole the Star Crystal.

Negi: (says sad) I know, but my father destroyed the Star Crystal and now I have the feeling that the darkness that was trapped in the crystal is roaming free and causing trouble as we speak.

Takamichi: (says with a kind smile) I understand how you feel, but you have to be careful because I don't want you to expose yourself as a wizard In front of the girls by accident.

Don Donahuge: (says with a smile) No need to worry about that, because we can cover it up.

Takamichi Takahata: (says stern) By what, altering the girls minds to make it look like Negi doing magic is something else.

Don Donahuge: (protests) Look Takamichi, he's going to have to use his magic to handle any forms of darkness he spots on Mahora's school grounds.

Takamichi: (says stern) I know, but we would have to do it together because if Negi is alone, his father's enemies would sneak into school grounds and try to kill him.

Don Donahuge: (says with a smile) Hey at least you can do it.

Takamichi: (says with a sad smile) I wish, but I'm sadly just one man and worst of all me and the dean here are the only mages other than Negi here.

Don Donahuge: (pissed) Shit, because I have no desire to send my agents here to do a clean up, because doing so will only rouse suspicion amongst the students and teachers.

Headmaster Konoe: (says stern) That is wise, my friend because my students already had an incident with Evangeline.

Don Donahuge: (says with a smile) Good, we don't need another incident as bad as the Evangeline incident because that could shut the school down permanently.

Takamichi: (says stern) And the best way to not arouse suspicion and start panic of another potential incident amongst the students is to handle the darkness in secret.

Negi: (says stern) Takamichi might need my help in doing it which means our best bet is to handle darkness outbreaks after school hours.

Takamichi: (says stern) I agree, but we should work hard to keep our mission a secret, because I still have no desire for the girls to get curious about what we're doing.

Negi: (says stern) Good because, the Evangeline Incident was enough to trigger everyone.

Don Donahuge: (asks kindly with a smile) Oh Negi, since your father had died, do you want some time off to mourn his death?

Negi: (says sad as he remembers his father's death) No thank you, I was not close to him for he had given me up to his relatives.

Don Donahuge: (says stern) I know, but he's still your father.

Negi: (says with a sad smile) I know how you feel, but I want to remain here and be the teacher my students need.

Don Donahuge: (says with a sigh) Understandable, well if you all need anything, call me.