Chapter 8: Crazy Library Island Adventure

Negi, Konoka, Asuna and Setsuna headed towards Negi's dorm to get the equipment they need to go to Library island. However they encountered Chamo looking up porn on the internet, playing Grand Theft Auto, chainsmoking on his Xbox and blaring the song "Ass-N-Titties" out loud to Negi's dismay and embarrassment.

The girls then turned off Chamo's ipod, laptop and Xbox which pissed off Chamo.

Chamo: (snaps pissed) YO MAN WHAT THE HELL!!!!!

Konoka: (says with a cheerful smile) No more computer, we're reading books from now on.

Chamo then screamed with agony, but Asuna had shut him up in order to not rouse suspicion. The gang of five (with the talking Ermine) went on a journey to Library Island which to Negi's astonishment looked like the Island of St George in Venice, Italy combined with Buckingham Palace. They entered the giant building and Negi saw over 9,000,000,000 giant armies of book shelves containing hordes of books, even hordes of books about certain subjects not covered by Wikipedia, the largest online encyclopedia in the planet.

After entering the building, they were greeted by a woman who looked like a grown up version of Nodoka.

Nodoka: (says cheerfully) Oh hello mother.

Negi and Setsuna were surprised to hear Nodoka call the woman her mother. Konoka giggled at the shock of Negi and Setsuna finding out that this woman was Nodoka's mother.

Konoka: (says with a humorous smile) Yes, this is Nodoka's mother.

Setsuna: (asks astonished) How do you know this?

Asuna: (says with a smile) Because we met her during last year's school festival.

Negi: (says with a smile) So I'm guessing she's the Librarian of Library island?

Nodoka's mother: (says with a kind smile) That's right young man, I am the librarian of Library Island, the largest library in the world.

Setsuna: (says looking at the bookshelves) I can guess that by the look of the building and the giant horde of bookshelves you have.

Nodoka's mother: (says with a sly smile) Those shelves are only a small fraction of our library for there are hordes of shelves in the lower levels.

Negi: (asks shocked) Wait a minute, you have even more books?

Nodoka's mother: (says with pride) Oh yes, (says stern) but you might want to refrain from going down there at the moment.

Asuna: (asks confused) Why so?

Nodoka's mother: (says grim) Last night, I heard loud roars in the lower levels of the library.

Negi: (asks stern) Which level was that?

Nodoka's mother: (says grim) level 3.

Negi: (says stern) Thank you for telling us that, we will avoid that floor at all costs.

Nodoka's mother: (says relieved) Good, because I don't want you four to find out what that noise down there was.

Negi and the students then move on to a secret location within the library to talk about the whole Star Crystal situation and why Negi left for Kyoto. They later went to a secret room in order for Negi to feel confident enough to talk about the Star Crystal situation.

Asuna: (demands with a stern and demanding manner) Okay Negi, We as your partners deserve to know what the hell is going on.

Negi: (asks with a sigh) You mean the Star Crystal shard and the thugs we faced in Kyoto?

Nodoka: (says sad) Yes.

Konoka: (says stern to Setsuna with a suspicious face) And since you were friends with them, you also have to give an explanation about those guys.