01 | Potential Friendships?

"All I know is a simple name. Everything has changed."

*********

"Bonnie, time to leave," Mrs. Taylor yelled from the bottom of the staircase.

She hurried down the flight of stairs, her pastel peach dress flowing behind her. Her hair was tied up with a ribbon of the same color, adding a touch of charm to her appearance. "coming." she called out. 

"Which kind" Michael laughed along with Liam. 

Michael, the firstborn of a pair of twins, was born five minutes ahead of his sister. He has a head full of curly, dirty blonde locks and captivating, greenish-blue eyes. Mr. Taylor took a keen interest in Michael looking for an heir. Safe to say that Michael is Bonnie's father's favorite. 

Liam exudes endless energy. He has stunning brunette hair and striking blue eyes, which he undoubtedly inherited from his parents. He says he's part of the "big kids" group but in reality, he just eagerly follows Bonnie and Michael like a playful puppy.

Bonnie descended the stairs with her unmistakable British accent filling the air. She quickly put on her overcoat and forced a chuckle before saying, "You think you're so funny, don't you?"

Michael mocked her and pushed her out the door Liam falling closely behind.

Mr. and Mrs. Taylor were already inside the horse-drawn carriage, their faces etched with worry as they wondered whether we would reach their destination on time. The family was headed to the Barrys' for a tea party, where they were to meet up with the Cuthberts and their orphaned child they adopted.

As she watched the passing scenery, she couldn't help but ponder why her family had decided to come to this place in the first place. Although it was her father's birthplace, England was where her parent met and fell in love. Her mother gave birth to three children there. So, what compelled them to leave England and settle in Avonlea?

Greed. Wealth. Power.

That's what compelled her father to Scotland in the first place. It's what took him back to Avonlea. Greed, Wealth, and Power will become their downfall and everyone's in Avonlea.

***********

As Miss Cuthberts and the girl walked up the path, Bonnie made an effort to maintain good posture by holding her shoulders up and keeping her back straight. She was standing on the porch of the Barry house with her mother, and the Barry family, except for her father, siblings, and Diana's father who were inside.