05 | On Fire

"If I just lay here. Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"

********

After missing a school day, Bonnie returned and noticed that Anne was still absent. She felt sorry for Anne and decided to make Michael apologize, even if it was technically Billy's fault.

Bonnie, Michael, and Liam were slowly walking toward Green Gables. Liam held tightly onto both their hands, occasionally swinging between them. "I don't see why I have to apologize," Michael spoke up.

"Because I was a mean thing to do." Bonnie rolled her eyes, "You know what Mother always says."

"The people who are sad in life don't get very far in life, so it's better to just smile through to make others happy." The trio said at the same time.

Bonnie smiled at her brother and then looked forward to seeing the boy the Cuthberts had hired to do farm work. "Hello," the boy nodded walking past them.

"Hello," Liam waved. Bonnie just gave a half smile and nodded back.

 They made it to the front porch where Bonnie knocked on the door—a few seconds passed and Miss. Cuthbert opened the door. "Good afternoon," Bonnie spoke up, "These are my brother."

Michael and Liam both said hello. "Good afternoon," Miss Cuthbert responded, "What brings you guys by?"

"I'm sure you've heard of the incident between a boy at school and Anne." Bonnie declared as Miss Cuthbert hummed in agreement.

"Well, that boy was my brother, Michael. He has come to say sorry to Anne." Bonnie pointed out. "Seeing as she hasn't been in school lately we've come to say sorry."

"Well, that's very kind of you. Unfortunately, Anne isn't here she is running an errand at the moment."

"Oh? We also brought her books from school, seeing as she hasn't been there for a while." Bonnie pulled out the books handing them to Miss Cuthbert.

"What do you mean she hasn't been in school?" Mis Cuthbert asked.

"She hasn't been to school ever since the incident." Michael spoke up, "Which, I give my deepest for."

Miss Cuthbert furrowed her eyes, "Thank you, for the apology and Anne's books. I'll be sure to let her know that you stopped by."

"Thank you, and have a good afternoon." Bonnie turned around to leave.

"You too, Bonnie." Miss Cuthbert replied.