Falling(Remus Lupin & Antonin Dolohov)~Chapter Two: Talking About Voldy

Alison POV

As soon as I got in the carrige, I found Remus heading in my direction.

"Mate!" I yelled. "Remus! Remy! Remus! Mate! Remus!"

"Ali!" Remus yelled back.

When he reached the carrige, I noticed that he had another scar running down on the right side of his face. His light brown hair was slightly longer, and his grey-blue eyes were sharp, yet still warm. He looked even more mature.

After Remus got his stuff in the carrige, he sat beside me. We talked about everything, as usual. Sirius was telling him about James's plan to win Lily's heart this year, Peter was bubbling about his idea to start an Herbology-related Club, James was day-dreaming about Lily(most likely), and Antonin was gazing out the window.

"How was your summer?" Remus asked me.

"Alright. I practiced lock-picking, re-read Moony, and stuff. Dad was busy with catching Dark Wizards, so I didn't get to see him too much."

"Man, what are we going to do about Voldy?" Remus said.

"Voldy needs to get moldy!" Sirius declared.

"As soon as he gets killed, I'll be celebrating." James admitted proudly.

Peter, the one kid who hated to talk about Voldy, piped up, "Voldy needs to be dead! Somebody kill him! Anybody who supports him should be dead!"

"Right..." Antonin drawled. Antonin's own father was one of Voldy's Death Eaters.

I kicked Peter hard. Peter yelped in pain. "Watch what you say. Remember-"

"Constant vigilance!" The boys chorused. It was something drilled to me by my dad, and I drilled it to them.

I smiled. "Good." 

"Sorry, Antonin." Peter mumbled.

"Aw, it's alright." Antonin said. But his voice was tight, and filled with pain.

Sirius cleared his throat. "So, um..."

I knew what he was trying to ask Antonin. Antonin did, too.

"When do I become a Death Eater?" Antonin asked for him.

Sirius nodded.

Antonin shrugged. "I'm not sure. I'm trying to avoid it, but... I'll have to. I'll probably be able to avoid it for a year or so. The earliest..."

Should be Christmas. The words rang in my head.

You're all wondering why we're best friends with a Death Eater's son. The answer is that he was different. Unlike his family, he didn't care about blood purity. In all of his Russian and English wizarding blood, he didn't have an ounce of Muggle blood in him. But he respected Muggleborns, a rare trait for most pure-blood wizards.

Anyway, Sirius simply said,"Oh."

For the rest of the carriage ride, the conversation turned into discussions about pranks and Quidditch. Normal banter transformed us into the goofballs we were.