Falling(Remus Lupin & Antonin Dolohov)~Chapter Five: Full Moon Wonder

Remus POV

Next full moon...

Ten minutes before it became dark, I headed to the Shrieking Shack.

On my way there, I get stopped by Sunny, one of the Prefects.

Sunny was pretty, with shiny dark hair, a pale heart-shaped face, and grass-green eyes. She was rather short, standing five-foot-two. She not at all doll-like; she had too much of a shapely build for that.

"Doing your 'job'?" Sunny asked.

"Naw. Going to Flitwick's classroom to get homework." I lied.

Sunny smiled her shy smile. I hoped I sounded convincing. "Could I, eh, ask you something?"

"Sure." Just hope that I don't go werewolf on you.

Sunny took a deep breath. "Will you go out with me?"

I couldn't believe it. Sunny, one of the two crushes I ever had, was asking me out. The smart, beautiful, Quidditch-playing Sunny Byrd was asking me out? Bloody hell, that sounded insane in many ways. This was a moment that only occured in my dreams.

"Um," I said. "Yeah, sure." I just had a young squeak in my voice.

She winked, and headed to the hallway I just come from.

I started gliding silently, keeping my feet lighter than any time before, to the one-eyed owl statue that led to the Whomping Willow.

I touched where the missing eye would've been, and whispered, "Alohamara."

The statue moved, and I headed to the Shrieking Shack.

The Shrieking Shack was covered in with wood that had been scratched to death by yours truly. I felt tensed. I could feel the transformation take place.

Turning into wolf form was like stretching a rubber band until it broke, except that you didn't have control of it at all and it was done a lot faster than you could say "Bacon Lover".

I suddenly started attacking the wall next to me. I might as well been fighting for my life. Bloodlust raged in me. I wanted to attack a bear, maybe a deer. Not wood that tasted like... bloodless, tasteless wood.

I kept tackling the wall for about two or three hours, then just running around the room like crazy. I would jump on the walls, howl with rage, and that kind of stuff every typical teenage werewolf would do during a full moon.

After hours of that, I started to gain control of myself. I felt myself turn human again.

Time to head back to my bed and sleep away. So I headed to the castle, without running into anybody this time.