2- Secret Admirer

I went to the back and took off my apron and name tag, putting them in my locker before noticing something off about my locker... there was a rose laid gently on a shelf. Surprised, I grabbed it and smelled it, the fresh smell of roses hitting my nose. "Looks like someone has a secret admirer!"

I heard someone behind me so I jumped and looked behind me to see Wong Yukhei, a coworker whose shift is about to start. "I guess... but why would anyone like me?" "What-" My question had taken him off guard. 

"-What do you mean 'why would anyone like me'? You are an absolute sunshine and an angel... you will never realize the effect you have on the world." I nodded before closing my locker, "Have a good shift, I will see you tomorrow!"

I left the cafe and walked home, rose in hand, as I did not have a car. When I got home, I walked in quietly in case my dad was on a call about his company, Neo Paper Firm. My dad had decided that when he would retire, my brother- Sunoo- would be the one to be taking over as the CEO.

"Aera, is that you? Are you home?" My brother's voice called out and I replied, "Yes, Sunoo. Is dad home?" As if mentioning his name summoned him from the pits of darkness, Sunoo suddenly appeared in front of me. 

"Yes, he is. He is getting ready for a date." "I wonder when he will ask her to marry him." I sighed. It had been over a decade since they had been dating, so he would hopefully pop the question sometime soon.

"I know right-" A sassy look appeared on his face before he got cut off by our dad. "Do either of you have homework?" I shook my head, "Nope, but I have a secret admirer." I smiled softly while holding up the red, beautiful rose with the stems removed. 

"Really? Who would give you a rose? You look like a freaking doe." "Sunoo- your sister is absolutely beautiful... I am glad she has received a rose. I just hope her secret admirer is not a stalker or something."

I smiled at our dad before he pat my head, "I have to go, don't want my beautiful queen waiting too long." He walked out of the house and then Sunoo asked, "What do you feel like having for dinner?" 

I took a minute to think before saying, "I can make us chicken alfredo, if you'd want." He nodded desperately, he loved my cooking. After the last time we had fired a chef- which I felt so horrible about- dad decided not to hire another one.

I went to the kitchen and started cooking. After dinner was done, I plated it and put the plates on the table. "Dinner is-" I screamed and looked at the table to see Sunoo already there, "-ready." We ate and then decided to watch Crash Landing On You- it was our favorite show!

Once the clock hit 21:00, our dad walked in the door and it was time to say goodnight. I went into my bathroom and did my skincare routine before going to my room and changing into my pajamas.

I got in bed and tried to fall asleep but I couldn't due to the man from the cafe popping into my mind... Ten. I didn't understand- why was he in my mind?