10- Plans After High School

"Don't worry," Ten said. "It will take a while, but he will come around sooner or later." I smiled at him, hoping he was right. He held my hand and pecked it, Chaeyeon giggling at our love. 

At least one accepted us... that was relieving. "Want to go out?" He asked me and then I replied, "Sure." He then looked at Chaeyeon, "You're free to join, if you want." 

Chaeyeon nodded desperately before we left their house, getting into Ten's car; we decided to go to a restaurant, and arrived within ten minutes.

I tried to open the door but Ten said, "Wait!" before hurrying out of the car and running around to my door, opening it before opening Chaeyeon's door as well. 

We got out and closed the doors before heading towards the restaurant; when we arrived at the restaurant doors, Ten held one open, "Ladies first." 

I bowed my head in thanks and then walked in, Chaeyeon doing the same. "Sit anywhere you'd like," A waitress said. "I'll be right with you."

We went to a table near the back of the restaurant and sat down; I sat with Chaeyeon to the right of me and Ten sat across from me. "Go ahead and pick anything you want." 

He smiled at me and then Chaeyeon before grabbing a menu and burying his face into it, trying to find something to eat. Chaeyeon and I did the same, using the same menu. 

What sounds good? Pad Thai? Tteokbokki? I sighed before thinking, I'll just go with tteokbokki.

After a few minutes, the waitress walked over to us, with a pen and notepad in hand, and asked, "What would you guys like to start with? Any drinks?" 

"I'll have water, please." I said, "I'll have orange juice." Ten smiled at the waitress, and then Chaeyeon cheerfully chirped, "I'll have water as well!" 

The waitress wrote it down and then said, "Okay, I'll be back with your drinks!" She walked off and it was dead silent, but it was a comfortable silence.

Soon after, the waitress returned and put our drinks in front of us before asking, "What would you guys like?" "I would like to have Pad Thai, please." Ten said, "I'll have tteokbokki, please." I smiled at her and then Chaeyeon said, "I will have sukiyaki, please!" 

The waitress smiled again before saying, "Your order will be ready soon!" She walked off hurriedly and then Ten asked, "How is school going?" 

Chaeyeon immediately said, "It's going well! We have finals in two weeks, which luckily isn't this week on Thursday, and then we are out of school."

"What is Thursday?" Ten asked confused, "My birthday." I smiled at him and he smiled back, "Wow, that's exciting! You will enjoy being 18." I imagine I will, I thought and then Ten asked us another question, a big one. 

"Are you guys going to enroll in college?" "Yes, I am! I was accepted into Korea University." I responded and then Chaeyeon added, "I enrolled there, too. I am yet to hear if I was accepted. How has work been?" "It's been... well... like work." 

He let out a laugh, "How about you, Aera? Has work been well?" I nodded, and Chaeyeon said, "I'm sure it has been very busy during the mornings!"

She knew of me working at the cafe, just not that it was to avoid Heeseung and it is not just during the weekends. "Work has been going well, lots of people want coffee apparently." 

It was my turn to let out a laugh, I loved serving coffee. "Oh," Chaeyeon suddenly chirped, "I heard from a little bird that Yuta has come back! Have you seen him yet?" "Yes, yesterday. He was still at my house today." 

"Who is Yuta?" Ten tilted his head, "You met him earlier, he was the one next to my dad. Don't worry, he approves of you."

Chaeyeon's eyes widened, "He approves of my dad?! How? It took him ten years to let me go even in the same room as you!" I chuckled, that sounded like Yuta- a protective friend. 

Ten's eyes started to be filled with jealousy, "Don't be jealous, Ten," I grabbed his hand. "Yuta is an older brother in my eyes, and I imagine I am a younger sister in his. You have nothing to worry about." 

He smiled and then the waitress came back, our food in her hands. She put our food on the table and then asked, "Is there anything else I can get for you?" 

"No, thank you," Ten said, "we're good." The waitress smiled before walking away, "Enjoy."