Deep Love & Shattered Hearts Pt.2

Dedicated to bebejayne

Maya

I stood in the middle of the ballroom, eyes locked on Shawn. Everyone was staring at me expectantly, but I just couldn't tear my eyes away from his. Lewis limped over to my side. I saw Shawn's nostrils flare at the sight of Lewis. He began to walk over.

"Maya."

I stood speechless, all I could do was shake my head side to side slowly as tears ran down my face.

"I'm sorry." Shawn said caressing my face. I quickly pulled away.

"Don't touch me."

"You need to leave." Lewis said, stepping in front of me.

Shawn's face contorted with anger, but he ignored Lewis. "Maya please. I love you. I was trying to hide it because I was hurt, but Maya I can never love anyone but you."

I gave a dry laugh. "Oh you mean that little twig lipped bitch played you?"

Shawn looked at me, then looked down. "I was wrong Maya."

"Just leave."

"Maya, I know you still love me. Please just talk to me." Shawn said getting on his knees.

The ballroom filled with awws. I rolled my eyes and took a step back.

"Do I? Because I feel like I loved the man you used to be. Where is he?"

"Maya please."

I looked into Shawn's pleading eyes. I wanted forgive him, but I just couldn't. I pointed to Lewis. "How could you do something like this to him?"

"What are you talk-" Shawn looked up towards the ballroom balconies. Before I could look up to see what he was looking at, He quickly grabbed my arms and pulled me to the floor.

Pop!

Pop!

Pop!

Three shots were fired before the lights went out.

"Chriiiiissss!!!!!" I heard Mo yell out.

The whole ballroom turned into a frantic blur as everyone ran towards the exit signs. I yelled out in pain when someone stepped on my hand.

"Shit!"

I felt Shawn hold me tighter, my body was directly under his.

"Maya are you hurt?" He began to pat me down.

"Shawn I'm fine, are you okay?"

"I love you Maya." He said, ignoring my question.

"Shawn answer me."

"I love you Maya." He said again weakly , breathing into my neck this time.

I ran my hands over him, my hands got wet once I felt his ribs. He was shot.

"Shawn...no don't leave. Don't leave me again." Tears began to fall from my eyes. This was not happening. I quickly found the slit of my dress and tore of some fabric.

"Raise your arms....Shawn you can do it, come on."

I got his suit jacket off, tore open his dress shirt, and wrapped the piece of my dress tightly around his rib cage. He groaned in pain.

"Slow breaths, take slow breaths."

I felt Shawn's hands trying to find there way to my face. I grabbed them and leaned into his touch.