Motives

A month later

Maya

"Baby If you can hear me then I need you to wake up. I need you to open your eyes. I miss you so much....I..can't..." I wiped the tears that were falling from my eyes. "I can't live without you."

It had been a month and Shawn still hadn't woken up. He couldn't even breathe on his own, he was hooked up to a respirator. His lung had collapsed and he had suffered a severe brain hemorrhage. The doctors said it was unlikely that he would ever regain consciousness, but I didn't care. I wasn't letting anyone pull the plug. He promised he wouldn't leave me. I knew he wouldn't, he just needed time.

"Ms.White?"

I looked back at the doctor who had just walked in. I knew what he was going to tell me and I didn't want to hear it. I was not taking Shawn off life support.

"Doctor my answer is no."

The doctor nodded. "Ms.White I respect your decision but as Mr. Price's doctor I must tell you there is less than a one percent chance that he will regain consciousness and if by some miracle he does, he will never be the same."

I held Shawn's hand as I let the doctor's words sink in. "No."

"Ms. White you may be just delaying the inevitable."

"I said no."

I heard the room door close and I knew the doctor had left. I placed my forehead on Shawn's, my tears falling on his cheeks.

"Baby pleeeease...I can't loose you, not like this." My breaths came out as coughs I couldn't take this. Was this a test? Was this punishment? I just didn't understand. Shawn had saved my life and now the doctors were telling me he was basically dead. It wasn't fair. It had been a hectic month. The gunshot wound in my shoulder was healed, but the emotional trauma remained. Not a night went by when I didn't have nightmares reliving what happened. I looked at my phone it was almost time to get to Angie's hearing. I hoped that bitch got everything she deserved.

Mo

"Baby you should be at home resting."

I looked at Chris. Yes it had been a month, and yes the doctors had given him the clear, but I knew his gunshot wound hadn't fully healed. Chris placed his hands on mine.

"Baby I want to be here. Maya is going to need our support. I'm a part of this too now."

I nodded as I squeezed his hand. "I can't believe I almost loss you."

Chris wiped the tears that grazed my cheeks. "Almost. Baby I'm not going anywhere."

"Crazy bitch." I looked over at Kira who sat beside me and followed her eyes to see the cause of her words. Two gaurds were leading Angie out into the courtroom. She looked like shit. Shoot she was shit. I stared with hate at the women who had almost taken away the love of my life and my bestfriend. This bitch deserved the death penalty.

"Has anyone spoken to Maya?"

Kira and I both looked over at Q and shook our heads. For the past month Maya had been a wreck. She was staying at Shawn's place despite Kira and I thinking it was a bad idea. She was like a walking ghost. She didn't talk much, she barely looked at anyone in the eye, and there was like a thick aurora of anger that surrounded her.

"I hope she's okay Mo." Kira said still looking at Angie. "What the hell happened to the side of her head?"

I couldn't help but laugh at Kira's question. "Maya that's what happened, those edges are never growing back."