Chapter 13 - Meeting

Jace's POV

"He's doing well now. He will wake up in a while." I heard someone's voice. That was a new voice and I'm sure I didn't know the person.

Truly, it was. I was in the hospital and the doctor was telling my parents how safe I was now.

"Daddy!!" my 6 year old daughter, Chloe exclaimed as my eyes fluttered open.

Everybody turned to look at me as I woke and sat up. Jessie rushed to my side and gave me a long hug. Everybody else present in the room showed their joy seeing me awake.

"So as I was saying, I would recommend you see this Bone therapist. She's going to help him with his legs." The doctor handed my dad a card and he left.

I spotted someone I was not expecting to see so soon in the corner of the room.

"Yo Connor bro. Long time." I called out to him and he walked over to my side and gave me a bro hug.

"How's everybody?" I asked him.

"Everyone's fine." he said nervously.

"How's the rest of the four?"

"Jayden and Layla are doing great. They are back together, you know, after the long breakup. Prilla is around somewhere always busy with work."

"And... Teri?" I asked.

He shrugged and I gave him a confused look.

"She's fine."

"She's been traveling very much so we barely make time to be with her."

I sighed. So I wouldn't see her often? Wait what's that?

"So let's talk about you bro. What's up?" My daughter was sitting on my bed, playing on her tablet and my parents were outside. Jessie was sitting in the couch text away.

"I'm doing good. I've found myself a girl now." he grinned.

My mouth hang open. "You, Connor, found yourself a girl?" I laughed hysterically.

"Jessie?" he called my sister.

Jessie hopped to his side and he put his arms around her waist. If I put two and two together, it means they are together?

I moved my index finger between them saying, "You two?"

Jessie nodded happily and they shared a peck on the lips.

"Connor! You're dating my sister?" I asked and he chuckled nervously with a nod.

"Congrats bro." we shared a handshake and leaned in to bump our shoulders.

"Thanks man. It's good you approve our relationship. I was worried how you'd react when you found out."

"Oh naaa. Just don't break her heart or I'd break you."

"You don't have to worry."

"Daddy..." Chloe interrupted. "Mummy still hasn't come back."

"Oh which reminds me. Jace, Taiya went out to get something for when you wake up but she's still not come back."

Taiya is the mother of Chloe and she's the woman my parents want me to get married to.

"She might have still not found the perfect gift." I said.

Just then, the door opened and Taiya stepped in. "Oh chickens. Baby you're awake." She rushed to me and hugged me, giving me pecks on my face.

We've tried to get used to all these lovey dovey things when I visit during the holidays. I don't really feel for those things around her but I try not to show it so that I don't hurt her feelings.