ten

doin' time

lana del rey

she spreads her lovin' all over and

when she gets home there's none left for me

✩‧₊˚. ⋆˚ ༘

The next morning, everybody woke up late and without much energy. The majority of people were hung over, and Mars was still out cold.

"Fancy some breakfast?" said Cedric in a hushed voice, careful not to wake anyone.
"Sure," I whispered.

We arrived at breakfast ten minutes later. The enchanted ceiling showed a cloudy, grey day. The great hall was buzzing with people, mainly first and second years and the blood supremacy idiots from slytherin, all who hadn't attended the party.

We sat down at the slytherin table. A few people, Pansy Parkisnon among them, wolf-whistled at us, but we ignored them.

As we ate, a few people came over to congratulate me on the party.
"That party was so fun," said Willow, as she arrived ten minutes later, "can we do another one?"

"Mars is the person to ask," I said, laughing, "although I'm not sure she's in the current state to be asked anything."

Cedric and I talked of the controversy about the importance of wizarding heritage over breakfast; it was a breath of fresh air to talk to someone so like me, with the same views on muggles and blood supremacy.

"I think my father's mentioned your mother before," said Cedric, "Amos Diggory? Works for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures."

"Oh, yes!" I said, remembering a face in my mother's fireplace, "Fiona Eve is my mother; head of the Auror Office."

"That's gotta be exciting," said Cedric, "having an auror for a mother."

"It's very informative," I said, smiling, "she probably tells us more than she probably ought to, but I like it that way."

"God, you're lucky," said Cedric, "my dad is so protective of me, won't tell me anything!"

At that moment, Malfoy entered the great hall. He made his way towards our table, and he was just about to sit down when he caught sight of us. He looked at Cedric for a moment, and then his gaze flitted onto me.

I stared at him in the same hostile way as usual as he narrowed his cold, grey eyes at me. There was a long pause in which neither of us looked away.

Then, he sat down with the other idiots and didn't look back at us for the rest of the meal.

Seeing Malfoy had reminded me that I'd said we could spend the day finishing our Christmas assignment. Looking up at the clock, I realised with a groan I was meant to meet him in the library in half an hour.

"Do you want to hang out today, or something?" asked Cedric, and I could tell he was a little nervous to ask after what happened last night under the mistletoe. I suddenly felt a bit guilty about the previous night.

"I'm so sorry," I said, genuinely regretful, "you have no idea how much I want to. But I've got a potions thing. Snape's making us work in pairs for every assignment, and I'm meant to be in the library at nine."