[ CHP 5 : 2nd choice ]

time : 4:25 PM

"kuff kuff..!" heeseung who was peacefully eating his ramen inside his apartment gets his meal disturbed after choking on it, leading him to reach for his soda can while coughing continuously. "what..kuff- in the hell..!" it was strange for him to choke suddenly like that when he's a ramen lover and he NEVER chokes.. but he did.

heeseung started suspecting the noodles, furrowing his eyebrows at it and checking it for a bit before shrugging it off and then eating again.

he quickly finishes it and cleans up the area, while washing his utensils his phone buzzes in his pocket, he wasn't expecting any messages this evening but he started to wash the utensils faster so he could respond quickly.

he finishes not long after that and dries his hand then opens his phone to see who messaged and what's it about.

he shuts his phone down and hums, clearly excited about later

he shuts his phone down and hums, clearly excited about later. heeseung decides to clean the living room for a bit and then prepare snacks. while he was doing so, he receives another message, does he miss me that much heeseung thinks to himself before opening his phone once again.

 while he was doing so, he receives another message, does he miss me that much heeseung thinks to himself before opening his phone once again

ah, him.. how did he get my number?

"huh?" heeseung furrows his eyebrows, is it sunghoon? he tries to keep the conversation going despite the strangeness he felt when the latter asked his friend, SUNGHOON, for his number

"Is this why he wanted to drink..? nevermind." heeseung quickly ends the conversation and types his goodbyes to the other.

not much time passed after that conversation, and sunghoon quickly arrived at heeseung's apartment. the elder quickly greeted sunghoon with a bro hug when he entered, "your place is still shit." the younger makes a comment while looking around.

"yah, have some respect for me who cleaned the place a bit when you were coming over." sunghoon chuckles, "I never asked you to tidy up."

"why you-"

"here's your beer, hyung."

heeseung then halts when beer was shown to him, he quickly drops his temper and takes the can. "so what's up? why'd you decide to come over?" heeseung lays down on the floor, and sunghoon follows. "nothing, I figured it's kind of boring to drink alone in my house.

"you literally have a mansion, why be in this trashy apartment of mine?"

"I like it here, with you." an awkward pause then occurred. "and besides, I'm sick of it. it's not mine anyways, it's my deceased father's." sunghoon adds. heeseung who had his breath on hold finally breathes after that sentence, "ah right haha, who would want to live in that old hag's house." he nervously chuckles and takes a gulp of his beer.

sunghoon raises an eyebrow, judging heeseung for his actions.

"anyway, how's aunt? isn't she gonna get discharged soon?"

"I don't know yet, I haven't visited.. but there's no calls or updates so far."

heeseung nods, after that, all the two ever talked mostly about was sunghoon's life and his rants, heeseung doesn't mind that since he knows what the latter has been through.

[ heeseung pov ]

time : 9:19 PM

ah shit, my vision's getting blurry

I rub my eyes to see properly, I didn't notice I'd already finished off several beer cans. we even bought more when two cans weren't enough. I sigh and look around, sunghoon's already out. I yawn and scratch my nape, getting ready to clean up. the area looked messy so I had to do it.

with a last long yawn, I stand up and grab one of the cans but before I could put it all away I felt a tug on my pants. "what the..?" I look down and it was sunghoon, who had his head low but fingers pinched on my cloth. I sigh and put the things down first and crouch in front of him, placing my hands on his shoulders to wake him up.

"dude, I think you should go no-"

"no."

"excuse me, what?"

sunghoon slowly raises his face, making my own lean backward. damn too close

"hyung.." sunghoon mumbles, but clear enough for me to hear. "can't you bring him back..?" his voice gets quieter and quieter. "ah, sunghoon... I can't."

I could hear sunghoon sniffle quietly, it seems like he was starting to cry. "hey, hey.. you big baby. come here." heeseung pulls the younger closer to him as he comforts sunghoon by patting his back while he cry away on his shoulders.

if.. if only I could make you look at other faces

"like mine."

[a/n] : i missed *almost* two weekly uds, sorry for that- but here's a new chapter posted on the weekdays. i had a lot of time today so..
if you're wondering what our dear hee meant in the last part of this chapter, an explanation will come soon enough