Parad'i'se - 2030

I can't believe that Lana is in the passenger seat. It doesn't help that she is wearing really short shorts. "Where are we going?" she asks.

"You'll see. We are almost there," I say. She is going to love this place.

We finally get off the main road and into a mountainous area. It takes about twenty minutes to get there from the main road.

"Here, put this on." I hand her a blindfold.

"Really?" she laughs.

"Yes, Lana, put this around your eyes. This place is top secret."

It's actually in the middle of nowhere. You need a truck to get to this place. She puts the blindfold on. "You're not trying to kidnap me, are you?"

"Very funny. We're almost there. Hold on. It's about to get bumpy!" I know my truck isn't much, but it sure does get the job done. There is nothing like a 4x4 Chevy with a Z71 off-roading package. I saved for two years to get this truck. I finally park on a cliff. This is my favorite spot in the world. "Are we there?" she whispers.

"Yes, but don't take your blindfold off yet." I open my door and run to the passenger side. "Ok! Grab my hand and watch your step."

I get behind her and hold her hand and her hip to make sure she doesn't fall. Just touching her makes my skin feel electric. "Ok. Take off your blindfold," I whisper.

She slowly takes off her blindfold. Lana takes in the amazing scenery all around her and puts her hand over her mouth.

"Ryan!" She gives me a big smile. "Ryan, what is this place?" She is breathless. My heart swells.

"This is an abandoned rock quarry that was once used for digging up minerals, but when they dug too deep, the water came up and filled it."

"The water is so clear. It almost looks like there are crystals in it." She points.

"Yes, the water is untampered," I say, sliding my arm around her waist, and she leans her head on my shoulder.

"How did you find out about this place?" she asks.

"My dad hunts with the guy who owns this property," I say, and I feel Lana stiffen. "He never took me though." She relaxed again.

"You mean someone owns this? Are we not trespassing?" She frowns.

"Oh, no, don't worry about it. When he's not hunting in exotic places, he's stoned out of his mind," I laugh.

Lana didn't find my joke funny. Her eyes dim.

"His dad left him a huge trust. You should see this guy's house, it's filled floor to ceiling with his trophies."