Henri Ivanov

WE STOPPED BY THE MALL AND CONVENIENCE STORE BEFORE HEADING OVER TO DARCY'S HOUSE.

I'm 107% sure we'll be having sex this evening. It's simple math, really. Multiply just how horny we both are, add all the kissing we've done at her locker, subtract all rational behaviour, and divide by the number of clothes on our bodies. That equals a high percentage of certainty. Math: the only thing I'm otherwise stellar at.

"Should we really be doing this when your parents are home?" I ask as we walk up the porch steps and to the front door. Her house is quaint but looks expensive, really expensive, resembling a picture right out of a magazine. Not to mention the two cars sitting in the driveway.

I didn't expect them to be so well off. I wonder what she thought of my house the night she visited for dinner. Did she hate it? We didn't own fancy cars or live in the nicest neighbourhood, but I hadn't realized just how different she was from me.

Darcy rings the doorbell with a thoughtful expression on her face. She looks to me and is about to say something else when the door is pulled open, and the same man who I met the night of our date fills the doorway.

"Moya Zvezda," he smiles.

"Hi, papa," Darcy greets, clutching my hand and bypassing her father to saunter into the house. Once inside, I'm hit with the scent of spices. An absolutely divine smell; mouthwatering. Her house is fairly larger than mine with much more antique decor as opposed to mom's old American-styled furniture.

"You've met Monty, right?"

"The boy you went on a date with," he confirms in a thick accent. "How can I forget him? He brought you home late."

"Papa." She graces him with a wicked roll of her eyes and escorts me into the parlour. "I need you to be nice to him. Oh, and look at what he bought me," Darcy holds out the bag of chap-sticks and glosses and sparkly things for her eyes and face at him, grinning from ear to ear. "More makeup."

Her father chuckles softly, ruffling her hair as she looks between us with a shimmer in her round, golden eyes. "Thanks, baby," she squeezes me in a brief embrace and I stiffen from the sudden contact, especially in front of her dad.

Darcy gently places her messenger bag next to her feet and I follow suit. We take a seat on the sofa as her father seats himself in the armchair across from us. From his lack of emotion to his accent, he appears more like a King seated on a throne.

"He's feeding your bad habits, Zvezda. I don't know how I feel about that. I could go ahead and say his hair is too long and that he's too...pretty for his own sake."

"No," she drawls. "You need to get to know him. That's how this all works."

Seems her father and I feel the same way about her suggestion. His striking vert eyes zone in on my face, and he emits a soft grunt. I give him one in return. Darcy just rolls her eyes again.

There, we've been associated.

"Ugh, men are terrible."

Darcy pats my arm and juts her head in his direction. "He's a nice guy if you don't make him angry. But I'm sure you'll get along nicely."

"Speaking is clearly his forte," he says sarcastically. "How does he handle your constant blabbering? I feel sorry for him already."

"It's clear where I got it from," Darcy shoots back, "and no, it's not Mama I'm talking about."

Despite his adamant appearance, he cracks a small grin at his daughter. Enough to tell me she can get anyone to smile. Her spell just hasn't worked on me yet.