2:00 - fall in love like a human. 1/3 | rosekook

ROSÉKOOK au whereby park chaeyoung is a guardian fairy who grants orphaned children one wish when they turn the age of 5 only to her surprise, the girl doesn't wish for toys or a pony, but for her to become a human being

[Someone sent me a prompt and this is loosely based on that but I've been scrolling for 29302 days and I can't find it, credit to them! And also loosely based on the story of the Little Mermaid too] 

-

Park Chaeyoung has always been fascinated by human life and emotions, especially when she'd see humans enjoying a piece of cake at a cafe, or seeing them turn red in rage. Something as simple as sweat fascinated her, or the way people cried in movies. She couldn't believe that people could watch a fake story, and pay for it, only to spend the entire two hours balling their eyeballs out. 

Her fascination for humanity and emotions are truly endless, as vast as the galaxies but— she'd never want to be one. Her life was better— wings that could fly, an agile body that could teleport and the ability to read minds.

Park Chaeyoung enjoyed being a guardian fairy and took her job very seriously. They had a very important role in the human role— to bring joy to children whose biological parents left them too early. Her allocated child could hear and speak to her, but no one else did.

She'd get assigned a child for the rest of her life until her wings died, earning a star mark on her ribcage every time she'd successfully stayed with them till they turned the age of 5. And then, as a guardian fairy— her role was to grant one wish, to exert all the magic left in her until it was fulfilled. 

That was the hardest part of the job, aside from watching the poor conditions of humanity. Often, she'd been tasked in toxic foster homes who took advantage of the system or spent her time accompanying a child in the streets. She tried her best to accompany them to the best of her abilities. The last kid she watched grow up was real torture— he wished for a giant jumping castle in his backyard. She'd drained all her energy then, and as soon as she sprinkled all her fairy dust, she hibernated in the forest for three days. 

Park Chaeyoung has become quite fond of Jeon Eunji, a talkative and bright soon-to-be-five-year-old that she'd looked after since she was 3 years old. Her parents had died tragically in a car crash, and she was residing with her uncle, a wealthy 26-year-old who worked in tech. Apparently, last year, he was part of Forbes 30 under 30 and made his first billion.

When she was first assigned to the girl, Park Chaeyoung feared the worst. Her previous case was with the boy who wanted a jumping castle and was overweight, due to the neglect of being raised by an ignorant and rude older brother. She had a stereotype of her own in a way— she didn't think a 26-year-old was capable of loving a child properly, especially one that wasn't his own. 

He was single too.

But she was proven wrong. 

She finds out on the night that she's assigned to the girl, that Jeon Jungkook has always wanted a child of his own, but has "no time to date or court a woman" (whatever that may mean, just weird human things she thinks). He'd also spoiled her like crazy when her parents were still around.