4:00 - after hours. | taerose 2/4

When Park Chaeyoung laid eyes on him in person for the first time, she knew that it was over

When Park Chaeyoung laid eyes on him in person for the first time, she knew that it was over. She had been invited to his agency just a month after her debut, feeling nervous as she thought that perhaps, she'd somehow gotten in trouble or wasn't performing as well as they'd like. To her surprise, she saw him sitting there in the meeting room, his eyes staring blankly at the ceiling. 

She'd almost collapsed right there and then, seeing her all-time favourite idol, the Kim Taehyung of BTS just metres away. When his manager spoke, he turned, showing his front profile with a shy nod and smile. Feeling flustered, she'd bowed a full 90 degrees as she greeted him causing him to cough and mutter cute under his breath.

Just loud enough for her to catch on.

It was only then and there that she found out that they'd had to fake date—the hype of his group was dying down, and her agency wanted to play more on her "innocent girl next door" demeanour as a new idol. She genuinely thought that she was dreaming when he agreed. 

Of course, she had her reservations, but as a new idol who'd fought so long to even debut as a soloist, she was in no position to make demands. 

Park Chaeyoung had read enough fanfics to know how things go—they'd probably secretly hate each other while pursuing other people, and he'd be bitter. But she was surprised because of how kind he was to her and how gentle he'd treated her. 

He treated her well, despite the fact that what they had wasn't real—even when there were no cameras or people around. 

All she could think was about how extremely lucky it would be, to be able to really date him.

But one day, she simply got a call from her agency, telling her that it was over, that they didn't need to fake date anymore. When she asked, her manager explained that it was the request of him. 

Even now, years later, she doesn't know why and she clearly didn't have the boldness to ask questions that she wasn't prepared to be responded to with. 

"Let me get a drink, do you want anything?" Jeon Jungkook, one of his fellow group mates asks as he gets up from the studio, heading out the door, "... hot tea maybe?"

Park Chaeyoung nods, "... a water please."

He lets out a chuckle, commenting something about her accent before leaving. 

She gets up and looks around, seeing the various photos around the studio, and even though she hated to admit—her eyes instantly looked for him. 

Park Chaeyoung cannot lie. 

When she was invited to the BTS studio by Jeon Jungkook, a friend she'd made from her agency, she couldn't help but feel excited. It was a place that Kim Taehyung talked about a lot on their "fake dates," about how music made him feel at peace. As someone who'd dreamed about making her own music, she held onto his promise to show her someday, and that they could write music together.