2:00 - fall in love like a human. 3/3 | rosekook

If it's not too much trouble I'd advise you to read through the first two parts carefully to make sense of what's happening here since it correlates to details from the prev chapters. I'll put a super brief summary at the end to explain things, but it'll be a more enjoyable read the first time around if you take the time to read the first two chapters without confusion. Happy reading! Fingers crossed for a happy ending.

-

"Have you always liked me?" Jeon Jungkook dares to ask one night as they lay in bed with one of his niece's washable markers in between his fingers, drawing hearts around the stars on her ribcage, "... I mean, you saw me around right?"

She wondered the same thing too.

Of course, her first thought was no. 

After all, she'd been accidentally teleporting to find him naked while changing and watched him get angry on the phone for no reason for a while. She also so how much pain Jeon Eunji was in because of how close he had gotten to Lalisa Manoban. 

But then, she realises something, the more she becomes in tune with her emotions. In retrospect, there was some sort of interest towards him on her end. She simply didn't know it and couldn't identify it, while as a fairy.

For example, Park Chaeyoung often teleported herself to his office, watching as he would look intently at the presentations being shown at work, or catch a glimpse of him in a photo shoot for his Forbes 30 under 30 covers. At first, she was subtle about it— at the time Jeon Eunjin asked her to check on him at work while she was in day care, since he had a fever in the morning. But then it became a habit— as a fairy, she'd always take every free moment (when her allocated child was asleep or taking a nap) to see him. 

She remembers fondly looking at him often at night as he sat blankly, drinking a glass of scotch on the rocks and how he'd always take a bath before bed and strip naked in his room.

"I didn't realise it back then though," she responds, laid flat against the bed as she turns to him, watching him intently as he continues drawings, "... I didn't have emotions, back then."

"Done," he finally pulls the marker away, "... my masterpiece." 

She turns her head to her ribcage, letting out a giggle before leaning in, hovering her lips against him teasingly, "... allow me to thank the artist, first." 

-

The pair had been intimate for about three months now when Park Chaeyoung begins to feel herself changing.

It started off with her first dream ever— which actually was closer to a nightmare. She had the same dream, time and time again, where she'd be walking in the most beautiful garden in the world with Jeon Jungkook and Jeon Eunji, holding hands with him while having the other in her arm before suddenly, she feels her body being dragged away into a pit of darkness. 

The first time she woke up, she shook the bed so hard that he'd woken up too and comforted her. He held her tight until she fell right back asleep, the warmth bringing her a sense of home against the dark fears in her.

Yet, it kept happening.

Time and time again.

Jeon Jungkook suggested that she should go to the doctor and get a check-up, knowing that often lucid dreams were associated with vitamin deficiency, but she refused.

Deep down, she already knew that her time as a human was ticking.

But like all humans, Park Chaeyoung feigns oblivion. It begins with her not sleeping (feeling guilty about waking him up knowing that he had a really successful career in a fast-moving environment and really needed sleep) instead only napping during the day when it was absolutely necessary.