𝟎𝟑. 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝

◢✥◣

"...Hey, where's Mister Goblin?"

The next few days were a blur as your hilichurl family packed up and began moving away from their home camp. Considering what you had overheard last night, you weren't surprised to see that you were all on your merry way to a whole other area. You were now camping in a more open field, away from the strange temple...thing.

One morning, though, you were a bit shocked to find that your family of hilichurls had halved in number completely. You noticed Mister Goblin was one of them...even their supplies were considerably shortened compared to last night.

You quickly found out that your sudden move was linked to the visit from that icy abyss mage. You thought the big, scary lawachurl was the leader of all of them. Apparently some tiny bird-looking creature was scarier than him, funnily enough.

But the abyss was no matter to laugh about. Their aura was imposing and dark...just being in their presence was enough to send shivers down your spine. You had a strong feeling that meeting them would cause problems.

You also figured out that Mister Goblin was out in a party of other hilichurls to do something. Maybe they were hunting, or doing a thing the big, scary abyss mage was telling it to do! These were all just guesses, but you supposed you'd see him later today.

"Okay, time to be a big kid now..." You huffed to yourself in determination.

With your hilichurl mask still strapped to your head, you decided to sneak off towards the stone arch you had come from. Your plan was to continue trying to shift between your two forms, and you thought doing it next to the structure would help. Informing the hilichurls of your leave would cause at least one of them to follow you (you never left without company), and you didn't want them finding out about your other form...yet. You still had to be the magical superhero with a secret identity!

That wasn't the only reason, though.

With every passing moment in this world, you felt...different. Thinking upon your past would cause your thoughts to become clouded, as if your brain was trying to hide it from you.

An example was what had happened the day you arrived. That same day you walked through the arch, you went to sleep with a fired-up will to go back and bring your cousins in this new world to play. That was always your reaction to new things—you'd want to share them with the two who you saw as siblings you never had.

But when you woke up the next morning, that spark had disappeared. Your first thoughts consisted of how to adjust to this new world, and you only remembered your need to see your cousins later in the day.

Perhaps it was no longer a need anymore, and you weren't sure how to feel about that. Scared? Confused that your tiny brain was making you forget things?

Even now, you could feel something clawing at your head. Just thinking about it now was already starting to make your head hurt. Your mind was constantly racing with thoughts and questions, but it also felt like it was trying to erase certain things.

And maybe it succeeded, because you couldn't even remember what you were trying to think of earlier.

You floated next to the arch, examining the structure with a squint. You floated through it—nothing. It was just some ruined arch. Just strolling on through didn't take you back home.

You should've been scared. Upset, even. But you weren't. You weren't sure if it just wasn't hitting you yet that you were stuck here, or if you didn't care.

Or maybe you just couldn't remember why you should be terrified.

You shook your head, snapping yourself out of your thoughts as you looked around. No one was there—you were free to test things out now!