3. The Contest

-Author's note

Harry is a very different person here. He's not like the "Harry Styles" that we all know. I've decided that I will give him a piece of my personality. Not all facts about him in this story will be applied. I will be applying what I want about him. I just get his name and body for portraying and the other facts about him in real life will be applied here. Mostly, I'll apply facts about me.

And I give a piece of my personality to each and every single one of my characters in my stories. It's just up to you if you're gonna find out what are they. But please, don't be mad at me, lovelies and I still hope that you will still love this chapter.

It's my story after all. It's like my dream love story for Harry & Cara. None of these are true. It's all about my imagination except for the portrayers that are true people. I hope you understand and okay, I'll stop talking now. You may now read the third chapter.

Enjoy reading guys :)

-TFW

•××ו

Chapter Three

•××ו
-Harry's point of view

"I want to know you more, Jaquilyn. Because, honestly, you're the only friend I have for now. I don't even know if you're gonna stay with me 'till I die but at this moment, I'm very sure that I want to cherish every moment you're with me." I suddenly said out of the blue.

We were still in the place where her Dad built for her Mum. It was very beautiful here. So peaceful and quiet. "Me too. But I wish that we won't be apart from each other. And I feel that you're not going to leave me as I was not going to leave you. So, wanna play a game?" Jaquilyn said and faced me. I faced her too and I smiled. "Yes, of course."

"Let's play 21 questions, okay?" I nodded and she nodded once. "Okay, let's start with me."

•××ו
"Wow, I didn't know that you were afraid of heights." I said and lightly chuckled. "Hey! Don't laugh at me! It's scary!" She argued and slouched back down the sofa with her arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed. She looks so cute. "You're not afraid of heights. You're afraid of falling." I said then sighed in the end and slouched back down on the sofa.

"Yeah, I guess. But it's still scary. And hey! I can't believe that you're afraid of the dark! Well, that's quite predictable though." She said and that made me look at her. "What do you 'predictable'?" I asked her with furrowed eyebrows. "You're a nerd. It's predictable that you're scared to anything." She shrugged.

"Hey! I'm not-- It's not--" I tried to disagree with her. But failed and just sighed. "I guess you're right." I mumbled. She laughed at me and put her head on my shoulder. My heart immediately started beating in a faster pace. "But don't worry, Curly. I still want to be friends with you even though you're afraid of the dark." She said and chuckled in the end.

I smiled and put my head over her's.

•××ו
"Okay class, I have an announcement to make." Mrs. Brown said and clapped her hands together once. I stopped what I was doing and listened to her. But, most of my classmates kept what they were doing and did the opposite of what I did. "So, there is a contest coming up. Each sections will compete with each other. Seniors will compete to other seniors and so on for the other grades. Only two of the students in every section will be picked by the teacher." She trailed off.

And somehow, she got some of their attentions. "It's a singing contest, class. And I have picked two students that are completely out of the box. Just for a change." Mrs. Brown said and the class started to gossip. "Who do you think it will be?" I asked Jacky. "I don't know. But for sure, it will be Jennifer and Logan again." She shrugged.

I looked at Jennifer. She is the hottest student here in the school. And Logan is a jock in our school. But, I don't care about Logan, all I care about is Jennifer. She's my crush ever since I have been transfered here. She's like my dream girl but, she never notices me. I accept it. I'm not that handsome.

I sighed and put my chin on my palm and just looked at her from afar. She's so gorgeous, I just want to kiss her so badly. "--And it's Harry Styles and Jaquilyn Oakwood." I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my name. I looked over at Jaquilyn and she was shocked but me, I am confused. "What happened?" I asked her. "We got picked by Mrs. Brown as the contestants for the contest!" She whisper-yelled at me.

Wait, what? "Huh? That's impossible!" I whisper-yelled back. "Why did Mrs. Brown picked them? They are talentless." I heard one of our classmates mumbled. I glared at her and Jacky did too. I guess she heard it also. The girl who mumbled that raised her eybrows at us. "Okay, we're going in to that damn contest." I heard Jacky cussed.

"Are you two okay with it?" Mrs. Brown asked us. We both looked up. "Yeah, of course, Mrs. Brown." I answered politely. I heard someone snorted and I just ignored it. "Just talk to me when you two need help, okay?" She said and smiled at us. "Okay, Mrs. Brown." Jacky said, returning the gesture.

•××ו
"We're gonna win the contest, Jacky." I said and gripped tightly on the strap of my bag. "Are you sure?" She asked me. "Yeah, why wouldn't I?" I answered. She shrugged. "I don't know. Even our classmates are not supporting us." She said, looking down and obviously losing hope.

I held her cheeks and made her look at me. "I believe in you. I believe in us. Me and you is all that matters now. Is that enough for you to believe in yourself too?" I said to her sincerely. She sighed. "Yeah, it's enough now. But I'm glad that you're here with me." She smiled. She's so cute. "Me too, I'm glad that you're here."

"So, where do we practice? She asked me. "Come with me." I held out my hand. She furrowed her eyebrows at me with a smile. "Where?" She asked. "To my own sanctuary."

•××ו