⁵ˑ|"𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦."

A/n: I am SOO sorry for not publishing sooner ! I've just been so caught up with other socials, the end of school, and personal buzz that I keep off-putting this chapter 😭
.

.

.

.
•]•·✦º✦·» ☆ «·✦º✦·•[•
.

.

.

.

Pulling up to the townhouse, Eddie told Eli to stay by his side from now on.

He couldn't have Eli being alone and suddenly getting hurt, or worse, taken by that damned clown. He just couldn't have that.

He doesn't know what he'd do if he lost his only good family member.

Eddie didn't feel like losing a son. He had already lost his mom last year. She had just been getting better at finally treating Eddie like he was his own person.

Like he was an adult, not a child. He was actually super surprised whenever Eli had come out to her.

She had been quite accepting. Of course not before she had some questions and took quite some time to get Eli's name and pronouns down.

He felt mad when it happened. Mad that he wasn't the one who got that kind of care and acceptance from her.

Eddie had kind of sensed that maybe he had some sort of attraction to both men and women but had pushed down the bit of attraction he felt towards men.

So when his mother had treated Eli like a human being after his coming out, he was jealous.

She had talked so much shit about gay people when he was growing up, and especially had some opinions on the AIDS epidemic as well.

So, of course, it hurt, but his son was more important.

So He pushed it down.

He replaced those feelings with gratefulness that Eli could have some sort of motherly figure in his life that would actually show him some attention in his life.

Myra never did that.

Never gave the light of day. Always dead named him and misgendered him even after countless fights that Eli was a boy and that she should treat him like it.

One time, she had gotten fed up with it and had fully shaved his head to the point of a buzzcut.

Her reasoning was that "If she wants to be a boy, she'll look like a boy." Eddie had gotten so mad he grabbed Eli by his little 8 year old hand and drove off to his moms house to vent to her about it.

She had listened and nodded through everything, holding a crying Eli.

Myra had treated both of them so wrong. Eddie was sure that after this, he should divorce her.

Eddie shook his head. He should be worried about Eli right now. Not anything else. Only his boy.

Running up the steps with Eli in hand, he hoped nothing terrible happened to his boy. Which made the want to get out of Derry as soon as possible, grow bigger.