|Chapter 10|

The penthouse was insane.

The living room already had a couch, and the tv was huge. The kitchen and living room were kind of connected, and black and white l marble floors in all rooms except the bathroom, which was tiled marble floors also black and white; the bedrooms had dark brown wood floors.

As soon as I made it in, I made my way towards the main bedroom and placed my clothes in drawers, and handed my shirts and dresses in the walk-in closet alongside my shoes.

That I currently had on.

"I gotta go shopping." I thought to myself.

I had enough clothes to last me through the week, but I didn't have any shampoo, conditioner, or body wash, which I desperately needed.

So I went on a job hunt. I locked my penthouse door and made my way to the elevator and out of the building

I couldn't look up any jobs to go to that would be hired because I didn't have a phone, so I looked around in and noticed a building that was leasing.

I made my way in and inside was dark, neon-colored lights were everything, and there sat a bar.

I wasn't 18 yet, so I didn't think I could work at a bar, but my birthday isn't until tomorrow, so maybe they could wait to hire me tomorrow, I thought.

I walked to the bar and told the bartender I saw a note on the door that they were hiring.

"Yes, we are hiring." "I'll go get my boss. Hang on."

I nodded and turned to get a good look around, and it looked almost like a club. I made my over to the bar and patiently waited for the person in charge to come out.

5 minutes passed, and the person I talked to behind the bar came out and
Led me through a hallway, there were multiple doors along these hallways, but I ignored them and kept walking straight.

We reached a door close to a window that showed a fantastic view of the night.

"You can go in, and he's waiting for you." The person said.

I thanked the person and knocked on the door to show respect.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Come in"

I slowly opened the door and made my way inside. I then closed the door behind me.

"Please." He said, pointing at the chairs in front of his desk.

I made my way to a seat and sat down.

"What's your name?" He asked.

I was about to tell him my real name, but for me to run away from Xavier, I needed to have a fresh start, and that meant changing my name, also.

"My name is Ivy," I say with a smile.

"Okay, Ivy, I'm Darren." I nod.

"Also, Ivy, I need you to come up with a secret name that only me, you, and the others will call you by when we're by customers." He explains to me.

"Can I think about it?" I ask him.

"Sure," Darren says.

"Here is this, go to this address whenever you aren't working," Darren says, handing me a note with an address.

I take the note, thank him, and leave the club to the address pasted to me.

Darren said he wanted me to come in tomorrow at 6:00. Yes, even though it would be my birthday, I wasn't complaining; I needed the money.