CHAPTER 6

It was almost dawn when Tyla returned to her apartment. She saw Nancy sleeping in her bed but she was wearing her comfortable tank top and pants, with her hair tied up, indicating that she hadn't been out partying that night. Or maybe, she was but she changed her clothes. Still, she usually never did. Good for her if she didn't party…..Tyla thought. At the sound of Tyla closing the door, Nancy woke up. 

"Hey, good morning. You didn't party last night?" Tyla asked.

Nancy got up and sat on the bed. She stretched her arms and her face still carried a tired look.

"No….I was really hungover from Friday night. I thought a break would work for me. I suppose it does…..to some extent."

"By the way, where were you all night? You have been hanging out without me, huh?" She smiled.

"Ah, well, I was out for drinks with Matt. I messaged you."

"Oh, really?" Her hands immediately went to her phone lying near her.

"Pfft. It is dead." She sighed.

"You remember Matt?"

"I…..guess…." Nancy squeezed her eyes, trying to recall.

"Oh, that architect guy, your best friend…..and crush? Right?" She smiled in a teasing manner.

"Oh, well, that's a faraway thing now." Tyla replied, somewhat blushing.

"Oh, damn. And I was hoping for some juicy stuff. So, you just hung out?"

"Yeah. I told you, he has a strict "no dating friends" policy. But it doesn't matter. But yeah, he is single, he was asking me to set him up. I thought of you. Are you interested?"

Nancy was wide awake.

"Wait, what? Really? Me? But…..no Tyla, I know you used to have strong feelings for him. I cannot."

"Look, stop thinking all that. I am over him. I do not feel as much as I used to. Are you interested or not?"

"Well, I mean, he is cute."

"He has agreed to go out on a date with you. Today itself, if you want to?"

"Oh, oh, oh. You guys were seriously talking about me?"

"Nancy! Are you interested in going on a date with him or not?!" Tyla's voice was authoritative now.

"Fine, okay! I will!" Nancy was often scared of Tyla's authoritative side.

"Okay! Great! Why don't you start by texting him?" Tyla joined her hands in excitement.

"Texting…..really? Me? Why should I text him? I don't have a crush on him unlike you."

Tyla made a face.

"Please. It's history now. Happened back in 1786."

"Don't tell me you didn't get excited when you went out with him."

"Okay…..look. I got excited…..only because I met him after a long time. Before anything else, we were best friends, remember?"

"Ya, sure. Go and tell that to someone else. I can read your face. Which is why, I don't think I should go out with him."

"Come on Nancy. What difference does it make? If it's not you, it's some other girl. It's never going to be me. I think you both are going to like each other. Please."

"Wow…..okay Tyla. Only because you want me to." Nancy lazily took her phone and started charging it.

"Yeah, now, but I am sure you will like him." Tyla smiled and laid on the bed.