CHAPTER 19

Tyla opened the door of her room with a bothered state of mind. The events which took place some time ago were still as fresh in her mind as something she had just experienced. Her hands went cold upon thinking about the feeling of kissing Patrick James……not only was he a star, he was also an incredible kisser……and so hot……why did she have to resist him? What was the problem even if he only wanted to get physical with her? She could have gotten a chance to sleep with the Patrick James. She could have gotten a chance to rub it in everyone's face at the cafe…..

On second thoughts, kissing a star was a big deal too. And just because he was a star didn't mean that she would jump at the chance of sleeping with him…..no, she wanted a clearly defined relationship before sleeping with someone…..and her next kiss would definitely be one with meaning……

Tyla had simply stood at the door thinking.

Suddenly, she got out of her trance and came inside. Nancy was sleeping. Her table clock showed the time of 3:13 am. Luckily, the next day was a Sunday.

Tyla didn't bother changing her clothes and simply laid on the bed, looking out of their room window. She could not get the events out of her mind……particularly the what if part……somehow, she managed to sleep and woke up the next morning at 7 due to the sunlight on her face.

She went towards the fridge and opened the door as quietly as possible so as to not disturb Nancy but she still sensed the movement and called out,

"Tyla….is that you?" She asked without getting up, with half-shut eyes.

"Yeah," Tyla replied, drinking a glass of apple juice.

"You're here? When did you come home last night?" She asked, still lying.

"Um….around 3:13," Tyla replied, recalling the time on the clock.

"That's late…..was it him again?"

"Oh yeah…," Tyla shook at the thought of the kiss.

She worriedly came and sat on the bed.

"Nancy," Tyla started hesitantly, wanting to share it with Nancy.

"Yeah?"

"We kissed."

"Huh? What, who, when?" Nancy suddenly sat straight on the bed.

"Me and him."

"You and who??"

"Me and Patrick James. And I am not lying, what would I get from lying about this?"

"Okay, hold on. What??"

"I know, it sounds unbelievable, but it's true."

"Wait, is this what you were going on about that day, that chemistry rambling and all?"

"Uh….no, it wasn't about this exactly……but, we had an intense eye contact that night. And I felt we had something. But I was worried whether it was simply my imagination or if it actually meant something."

"Oh my gosh Tyla, this is huge," Nancy held Tyla by the shoulders.

"Look, I don't know……I…..I kind of resisted him."

"What? Why would you do that?!"

"No, I don't want to get all physical with anyone without a clearly defined relationship."

Nancy sneered at her.

"Oh gosh Tyla, you could have let go of all the rules just for this once……ugh, if only I were in your place…."

"Excuse me, don't you have a boyfriend? Who also happens to be one of my really good friends?"

"Oh yeah, sure, I mean, we're not all that serious and anything, you know…."

Nancy chuckled at this.

"Sure, only a non-serious person cries waterfalls after a fight," Tyla jeered.

"Excuse me, don't try to steer away the topic of conversation……we're talking about you, okay? Why would you resist THAT guy?"

"Look….honestly, I just got really nervous. I didn't know what to do. I froze."

"Understandable. And then what? You have to start from the very beginning."

Tyla started describing all of the events leading up to the kiss leaving his 'wild nights with Julia Goldman' part for fear of controversy. As she recounted the details of the kiss, she could feel her body shiver. Nancy's eyes got wider with each sentence indicating her excitement.

"Oh my gosh, you kissed a star……I am best friends with someone who kissed a star!"

However, Tyla suddenly recalled Patrick's words, 

'It was just a kiss' 

Tyla's face fell and Nancy was surprised.

"Hey, why are you not excited about this? This doesn't happen to everyone, you know…..I have been waiting for my moment since a long time….."

"Oh, Nancy, it's nothing to feel all that special about……I mean it doesn't mean anything……at least that's what he said…."

"What?"

"I…..like you know how I resisted him, right? And I don't know, he just asked what I was getting so worked up for when it was just a kiss….."

"Oh…."

"Nevermind……what can I even expect Nancy? I mean this was already way more than what I could expect….."

"Tyla, you like him? I didn't know you liked him that much."

"Yeah, I guess I got a stupid crush on him…..I don't know what he's thinking though. And since he's gonna be in Greece for some time, I don't think I will find out anytime soon."

Nancy embraced Tyla.

"Aw, don't worry…..who knows, maybe he feels the same way?"

"I don't want to expect anything. I don't know about my own feelings. All I know is that I feel a chill inside whenever I think about the kiss……that doesn't necessarily have to mean anything, does it?"

"So what if it does? Why are you afraid of facing your own feelings? So what if you fell in love with him? At least there is a chance that he might feel the same way. There are so many people who have a clearly unrequited crush on celebrities."

"Perhaps it's because I don't want to get hurt by him? You know I don't like celebrities and their ways."

"As if they don't find true love."

"They kiss new people each day on set. And who knows what else goes on behind the scenes….."

"You know what, as a gossip writer, I can understand your suspicions. I write plenty of stuff speculating affairs on set, even of committed celebrities. Well, whether they are true or not is another thing."

"And this is what I don't want. I don't want to make a fool of myself in front of the whole world while my boyfriend makes out with his co-star."

Both of them stayed quiet for some time.

"I have a feeling……..he's gonna be back……I just get this feeling somehow…..," Nancy said quietly.