Chapter 7 | theres a fine line between seriousness and chasing

When Iguro arose, yet another gift was waiting for him. This time it was tied to Kaburamaru, who didn't look at all pleased about it. Iguro wondered how the anonymous being managed to successfully tie the cord on the snake without the creature waking up.

He hesitated before opening the gift box. Inside was a silver hairpin. Huh. The top of the hairpin was swerved in a snake-like pattern, and was also decorated with small gems.

Iguro walked over to his mirror to try it on. It suited him well.

Iguro sighed, and carefully took the hairpin off. Iguro hadn't thought about it the last time he got a gift, but how did this anonymous person even get into his room? Of course they couldn't have dropped it off without getting in one way or another...

Unease crept over Iguro. Could this person be a stalker?!

Iguro looked around his room for any trace of the person's identity, but to no avail. He checked the windows too.

Iguro shook his head. He slowly retrieved the gift box so he could put the hairpin back in. He felt something underneath the velvet box. He flipped it around to see a small, folded square of paper taped to the bottom. A letter, perhaps?

He pulled the paper off and unfolded it.

I bet that hairpin would look cute on you. Oh, but you look cute no matter what you do... Oh well. Look out for my next gift. It'll be in your locker when school starts again~

Iguro couldn't decide if that was sweet or creepy.

And school started again in a week...

Hold on.

The person said that they would drop the gift off in his locker.

So could that mean they went to his school?

Iguro knew that shouldn't have been as shocking as it was. It obviously likely it would be someone at his school, since he never conversed with anyone outside of it.

But that would mean the person was at least a teenager.

How could a teen be successful in breaking into people's houses?! Iguro wondered.

But then again, it wasn't like he expected it to be an adult either. Ew. Pedophilia.

Iguro tucked the gift box into his drawer. He would contemplate these things later. For now, he was just waiting for school to open again.