where? - chapter 1

req by - @robinarellanotty
also lets just pretend ethan didnt say the 'stick something in u tara' line okay? okay also im not rlly good at angst so sosorry if its bad bookie

_______________

Where?

The one word Chad could think of at the moment, as he's dragged to an ambulance as paramedics try to keep him awake.

He thinks, 'Where did the others go? Are they alright?' And that's the most terrifying thing he's ever realized. He could be the only one alive right now.

But suddenly, he sees three silhouettes running up to him, not four, three. This makes him actually freak as he realizes one of his closest friends, or even his sister, could be dead right now. But then he sees their faces, and it hits him of who's missing.

Where?

"Where's Ethan?" he says, obviously worn out, the man was stabbed twenty times! Of course he's going to be tired! But that wasn't his main concern because one of his friends was missing, and he won't rest until he figures out if he's still alive.

But then Tara's face drops, and she looks at Chad with a saddened face. This confuses him at first. If Ethan had died, it would hurt to know, but it would be the closure Chad needed.

But then he sees that nobody is crying, so maybe Ethan is alive? Chad's so confused but so tired that he can't even think of another reason Ethan isn't here, and that's when he's pulled into the ambulance before he can hear the others' responses.

_________________

After a few hours full of pain, pills, and sleepiness, Chad's finally open to visitors, and he watches as his (hopefully new) girlfriend walks into the room.

Chad can't help but smile at her, and the same for her. He smiles as she walks over to the chair by his bed. He smiles as she says,'I'm so.. I'm so sorry", but the one thing he doesn't smile at is..

"Ethan was a ghostface, and he enjoyed stabbing you. He was ecstatic when he thought you died."

And that makes Chad's face drop, and he feels tears welling up in his eyes.

What the actual..

Why? Why did this happen to him? First, it was Wes, who died because of Ghostface, and now it was Ethan who died because he was Ghostface. Why can't Chad have just one best friend? Why does this always happen to him?

"C-Chad?" Tara says, looking at Chad with her big puppy eyes, and Chad can't even look at her. All he can think about is his best friend.

All on his mind is, 'Ethan Landry, Ethan Landry, Ethan Landry' and how when Tara told him his last name was 'Kirsch', he still thought of Ethan Landry. Chad couldn't help but think, "Where did I go wrong? But Chad knew one thing for sure, Ethan Landry would never be a Ghostface,
and that Ethan Landry was not Ethan Kirsch. They were two different people and always will be. That's the honest truth.

Chad will forever remember Ethan Landry, his shy, cute, dorky, sci-fi and movie lover roommate, but not Ethan Kirsch, the psychotic little brother of Richie Kirsch who was Ghostface, all he wants to know is, where did his best friend Ethan Landry go?

And why did he leave Chad alone so early?