splash splash + 5

bro yall pls start leaving requests i literally cant write without an idea im literally pulling this mermaid au out of nowhere because i was gonna do it for mermay but i forgot to bru
_________________

Chad Meeks-Martin is a simple guy. He goes to a simple college, has simple clothes, and has a simple life.

Well, that was until that day in June at the beach.

-------- June 17th, 2023 ---------

Chad walked around the beaches shore, picking up trash here and there because it's nice to the earth. He was walking on the hot sand and smiling, that is, until he saw a huge net in the water behind some rocks.

So, like the good, simple guy he is, he leans down to get it, but it's really heavy, and Chad can't get it out of the salty waters!

He assumes it's just caught on a part of the rock, but the net starts dragging him into the water!

He loses his balance.

He falls.

He feels the cold, deep, blue sea on his skin, and he feels the tight net in his fingers.

He feels a tug.. a tug.. a tug and a tug and a tug! He finally opens his eyes, and he sees something that he just can not believe.

There in front of him, in the cold waters, is a pale boy with brown eyes and curly brown hair, but these aren't the physical features that Chad looks at no, no.

He focuses on the blue and red tail the boy has. The fins on his arms and his fish ears. He then realizes he isn't looking at a boy but a merboy.

He looks at the merboy who has fear in his eyes, and he looks at the restraints on the poor boys tail, so he reaches down and unties the knots of the net, sliding it off his tail.

Chad wholeheartedly thinks the merboy will swim away in fear, but he doesn't. He swims in a circle around Chad, and he grabs Chad's hand, leading him to a rock, and he helps Chad onto the rock.

Chad sits on the flat rock, and he watches as the merboy emerges his head, softly blowing bubbles to Chad.

"I'm Chad." He blurts out, internally smacking his head at his bluntness, and he watches the merboy squeak, climbing next to Chad on the rock, his fin flapping in the water.

"Do you have a name?" Chad speaks softly, his eyes trailing to all the scales and features the merboy has.

"Ethan. My name is.. Ethan." The merboy smiles, and it's like the sun shines specifically for this merboy.

Chad thinks he's so beautiful, so gorgeous, so majestical, and he is. Chad's literally looking at a majestical creature right now. Hell, he hadn't even known merfolk were real!

But Chad is looking at one now, and it is so obvious that Ethan is real. He's real, and he's beautiful, and Chad just wants to look at this boy forever.