Chapter 8

It was the day of Charlie's 15th birthday and of course Mae was invited like she was to all his birthdays. She arrived with his gift and a big smile on her face. Charlie greeted her and she was the first person there. She and Charlie had just picked a lane when Elle and Tao arrived, then Isaac, then finally nick. They picked out nicknames, Mae's being Mavy wavy. The group played for a bit Mae winning two rounds. She was a bit competitive. Just then Oliver arrived. "Sorry I'm late, traffic was a bloody nightmare." Nick patted him on the back. "It's not a problem mate" Oliver then walked over to Charlie and handed him a bag, "Happy Birthday Charlie." Charlie took the bag smiling sheepishly. "Thank you, Oliver." They played two more rounds before heading to the arcade. Everyone splits up to go play. Tao and Elle went to kill some aliens, Nick and Charlie went to the claw machines, Mae and Oliver went to the Mario kart racing seats, and Isaac went to play the coins game. Oliver looked at the girl smiling next to him and smiled as she swerved around the other players as she tried to get first place. He had only known her for a few weeks, but he was already falling for the extremely pretty Filipina girl. Then he remembered he was still in the game and quickly returned. They played a few rounds and did some other games too. When they had collected enough tickets, they went over to the gift shop. Oliver looked down at Mae. "What would you like?" he asked. Mae thought before pointing at a cream-colored bear with a brown bow. The worker nodded and picked him up and handed him to Mae. Oliver smiled at her snuggling into it. He had fallen bad for her. Little did he know, she had fallen too.