Two

"Pas!" a screech shocks me from below.

"What dad?" I call back hoping that he could hear me still from all the way down stairs.

My young, weak voice definitely wasn't as string as a 34 year old Man's Voice and it definitely wasn't as stern so I don't think my voice had enough momentum from its heaviness to make it that far so I stand from my bed assuring that my laptop was okay and walk down stairs into the kitchen where I face a brunette, messy haired man eating out of a cereal bowl.

"Yes Dad?" I say slumping my shoulders letting my head sink in a bit further, probably making myself a fair amount more inches shorter.

With a full mouth he replies; "can you wake your brothers up?" he begins, his voice slightly muffled by the cereal his mouth contained as he chewed, crunched and swallowed. Chewed, Crunched and swallowed.

"Why?" I put my hand out in question.

"Because we're going out today, a day trip" he swallows his food, answering my open answer question.

I drop my head a begin ascending the stairs once again as I walk infront of my 15 year old brother, Max's bedroom door as in open it slightly.

"WAKE UP MAGGOT!" I yell making him jump from his sleep.

I step across the hall to my 11 year old brother, Cody's bedroom door as I repeat my previous expression also causing him to jump from his dreams.

I smile, shake my head and walk back into my suite of a bedroom.

Lets see what the world is up to at this fine hour of the morning, I think to myself, fiddling with my black ball stud in my nose.

I fiddle with my black sleeper in my lip and flip open my laptop screen again. I log into Facebook wondrously and cringe when I see a picture of Mia and Jason, the schools hottest couple, I mean dude.... why? Jason was so... hot I guess you could say and Mia was so... Not.

She had a bitter personality and had already decided that she was going to grow up to be a famous cow when she graduated. Okay so she probably didn't think she'd become a COW as such, but you get the gist.

"Pastelle..." a familiar voice trails off opening my door wide open.

"What do you want Max?" I ask irritatedly.

"I did not, one bit, appreciate what you did this morning" he says slowly entering my bedroom, pacing towards me.

"Boo Hoo I Woke You Up 20 minutes ago, you gonna go dob on me Maggot? Cuz Dad Told Me To Anywayz" I say half paying attention- half concentrating in the screen in front I my eyes.

"Look, sis you know I've let it slide every other morning but today I'm gonna put an end to all this nonsense, we are not 5 year olds" he says somewhat maturely.

I laugh a little, "what do you want Max? I can tell when you want something" I smile and shake my head to myself turning to face him.

"Can you give me some advise?" he asks nervously.

"I'm gong to ignore your very sudden lack of kindness towards me and forward this discussion with my question, advise for what?" he bites his bottom lip and looks away.

"Girls" he mumbles softly.

I laugh a lot this time.

"C'Mon Maxine," I tease, "why do YOU need help with girls?" I ask genuinely.

"Because I don't know how to act around this one girl I like at school. It's really frustrating." He exclaims.

"What's her name?" I ask with a serious expression.