A small Nation 🤦‍♀️

Grandmother Peaboa was an unassuming country, tucked away between two giants, Mexico to the south and the icy tundra of Alaska to the north. The borders were never meant to contain the nation, though they did, and they grew significantly in the decades that passed since their revolution in the West. Peaboa had never been to a United Nations meeting before, but now she was here – in the thick of this charged atmosphere of arguing and counter-arguing nations.

The delegates of Peaboa had arrived, and the eyes of the room shifted to the small nation immediately. The hall was hushed – after all, the conference room was well aware of the relations between their larger neighbors.

It was Mexico who spoke first. They had been shocked to hear of such a radical move from Texas, of a revolution and total restructuring of the land they'd once known. The rage and betrayal in the room was palpable; the eyes of America were fixed with full intensity not only on their Western neighbor, but also on the civil war in Russia and Ukraine.

The charge of the hall only continued to build as America voiced concern over China's audacity of sending spy balloons into their airspace. Peaboa made every effort to stay uninvolved; however, eventually, their aides stepped forward, offering suggestions of diplomacy and collective action to stop this blatant disregard for territorial rights.

Their proposal was met with resistance from other nations, but no one could deny the forward-thinking nature of the small nation. The Americas, Russia, Ukraine, and the rest of the countries expressed respect for Peaboa, despite having not known of their existence until then.

Peaboa had made a name for themselves in the conference room, for both their focused attention to the matters at hand, and their strategic stance on the international platform. It was clear that the small nation had a lot to offer the world, no matter how small they were.