Chapter 7

Drip......drip.... drip. Opening my eyes I looked around. I was in a house? Looking around I was laying in a corner of a living room, looking down I was laying on a really soft dog bed. My paws were still furry, but not in my bright orange tiger fur. It was my white soft wolf coat. 

Trying to stand up I whimpered in pain, which caused me to fall to the bed. It hurt so much. It felt like little needles were being dugged into my paws, but from the inside out.  Shuffling came from a room on the far end of the big living room. A door swung open and out stepped a young boy about maybe 13 or 14 years old. He ran over and slid on his knees to me. He looked at me with concern in his eyes. 

His hand slowly made his way to my paw. A part of me told me to run, the other part told me to let him. His touch was full of love."Dad!" a large man stepped out of the kitchen. He stood about 6'6. His beard was shaved close to his jaw line. His brown hair was short, his eyes sparkled blue, his tan made him look like no one i've ever seen before. He walked slowly, he turned to the wall and went over and grabbed a blue bottle. He then proceeded to walk over to me. My heart jumped when our eyes met.

"Scott, go outside and play please." his voice boomed. The boy did as he was told. He ran outside and shut the door behind him. The man bent down on both knees. He took the blue bottle opened it and poured some on his hand. "Drink.." he put his hand closer to me. Sniffing it I drew back my head and whimpered. "Yeah, doesn't smell all that great, but it taste fine." He was talking to me like he knew i could understand him. I finally lapped up the clear liquid. He was right, it did taste fine. 

My inside started feeling funny, I guess he could tell. "Its supposed to do that, don't worry." He pulled out a knife, looking at it I jumped up in pain. "Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you." His eyes searched over my fur. "You took a huge hit." as he grabbed piece of log from a fire mantel. But, it didn't smell like wood. "It's ginger root, to help you sleep." My face scrunched up when he brought it closer. "I know who you are, and what you are."