Chapter 10

I knowww, i'm very bad with updating, I know, I know. lols. But recently, my laptop has been acting really dumb and wouldn't allow me to go on wattpad or open any of my documents to continue writing, but yeah, the problem is solved and chapter 10 and 11 and MAYBE 12 will be posted very shortly :3 

Hope you all are enjoying it so far! Please don't forget to leave COMMENTS and VOTES and please spread the word about this fanfic, I'd really appriciate it. 

Ok, here it is...Chapter 10.

-------------------------------------------------------

 “What do you mean you’re going to a party with Harry? Have you heard a single word of what I said to you?” My father screeched, the walls of my room echoed to his tone. I stand before my mirror brushing my hair.

“Melody-Kathleen, are you even listening to me?!” he called out my full name. “Dad, it’s ONE party. I am now a senior, why can’t you trust me for once?” I paced from my mirror then to my walk-in closets, pulling out dresses that I could possibly wear. The night has finally come for the Alex’s party and even though I’m going there with Harry, I’m kind of nervous.

“You act like I don’t give you the freedom  at all!” he yelled from the doorway. “Yeah, you don’t…” I said under my breath and rolling my eyes. My frame faced away from him as I gestured hanger by hanger off the rack.

“Do you know what kind of parties there are these days? Full of drinking and, and, and…smoking…and intercourse and—“ “Oh, shut it, Michael, let the girl go.” My mom’s voice could be heard.

I quickly turned around to see my mother standing next to my father in the doorway, with arms crossed against her chest. “You’re really going to side with her on this one?” My dad said in a sarcastic tone. “Pipe down, babe. Don’t try to tell me you never went to any high school parties in your time?” “In my time? Well, I’ll have you know, I was very popular and yes, I went to a tone of parties!” My dad tried to defend himself. But what he was saying was kind of hard to believe since the way he dresses now. His trousers are always a tacky black or grey and I swear, he must go to a sweater vest convention because the amount he owns is ridiculous.

“Well, then what makes her so different? If you went then why can’t she?” My mom always had my side. She’s constantly trying to defend me. I think that’s where I got my idea that I’m a super hero and have to save everyone. I mean, she saves lives everyday anyway, at the hospital.

“Do you know what happens nowadays at high school parties?! There’s drinking and—“

“yeah, yeah, and smoking and intercourse, I heard you earlier.” My mom stood her ground. I tried so hard to contain my laughter. “She’s going to go off to college soon, Michael…shouldn’t we trust her with these kinds of things?” My mom faced my father, her arms still crossed. She looked deep into his eyes with her burning grey-green eye color.

There was an awkward silence as my dad with his deep brown eyes turned to me. I faked a pout while he sighed. “Fine…” he finally tested. I jumped from where I stood and ran to my dad diving on him and giving him a bear hug. He grunted under his breath, “If you’re not home by 9, you’re grounded.” I let go of my arms from around his neck and looked his way, “9? Really?” he pursed his lips, “9:30?” he said as I rolled my eyes.

My mom came up behind him and put her hands on his shoulder, “what your father means is 12. NO LATER” she said with a smile. I gave my dad a kiss on the cheek and my mom one as well.