Chapter 13

YES I'M BACK! First of all, I want to say that I am soooooo sorry. D: But now that I'm back, I promise I'll try to update more frequently, yes, I read all your messages, all your comments and I want to thank you for this huge surpise... 30.76K reads and 692 votes?!?! That's absolutely incredible. Please continue to help and support this story. I'll be on here more frequently now, I promise. Well...here it is...Chapter 13. Melody and Harry? They're finally back. (:

_____________________________________________________________________________

When you’re student body president, it’s never easy to get through the school without a hundred eyes staring at you. They watch your every move because you’re the president, the leader of the school, or in my case, ‘the mama bear’. But today was a lot different. The eyes that stared murmured in between lines at the same time. I reached my locker only to find Alice leaning against my locker.

She caught sight of me and stood straight up, I raised my eyebrows so surprised. Until I realized why she was staring, she must’ve been shocked by the bruise still fresh on my skin. We stood in front of each other. “Hey,” she said instantly with a smirk on her face. My eyes went big and I crossed my arms.

“Hey…” I replied. Her smirk quickly disappeared and her eyes turned into sad ones.

 “I heard what happened at the party…” she said slowly. I let my arms go loose and hang on the sides, “Oh.” Is all I had to reply. Her eyes were watery and quickly she wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me close and giving me a warm hug. My eyes went wide when she did so.

“I didn’t know Alex would do that, Melody. I didn’t know things would happen the way it did that way.” She said hugging me tighter, she began to release me.

“Are you ok? That looks like it burns?!” she said strictly staring at the bruise on the right side of my cheek bone and the scar right above my eyebrow.

I shook my head with a smile, “It doesn’t hurt as much. Harry took me home that night and –“

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, Harry?!” Alice ceased the conversation and I gulped.

“Umm…” I began. “Melody, he’s trouble, don’t you know that?” she patronized.

“I know, I know, I’ve been hearing that a lot lately but there’s nothing wrong, really. All he ever did was just help me.” Was all I replied. She rolled her eyes and scoffed. “Alright well, the main thing is, you’re alright though…”

The bell rang we walked off to our first period, Ms. Finch’s class. The room was quiet and whispering sounds were amongst the groups as I walked in the doors. Alice stood next to me and noticed too when some heads raised to look up at me. Alice nudged me, “psst, don’t worry about them,” she whispered. “Don’t let them get to you.”

I walked over to my seat, taking a few glances up to where Alex stood in the back of the class. Watching him watch me, slowly go lower onto the chair. I could hear footsteps approach closer behind me and saw from the corner of my eye, the way Alice turned her head in its direction. Soon, a large hand stretched across my left shoulder, making me jump and look up to the figure above me.

With a dark circle around his eye and a scar by his upper lip, Alex towered above me. “Goodmorning beautiful.” He said with a devious smile.

 I pushed his hand away, “don’t touch me.” I whispered. All eyes were on us now as he snickered. He placed it back on my shoulder and squeezed it tighter.

Alex leaned closer to my ear and whispered, “Make me…your hero isn’t here anyway…” his grip got tighter. “Hero?” I replied.

 “I don’t need him to get rid of you…” I said, turning to look over my shoulder and straight at him. My new confidence scared me in a way, because I wasn’t so sure how much this was going to work. The sound of the door jiggled in the distance and all eyes were on it, in walked Harry. How does he have such good timing? A sudden relief washed over me as I felt my heart begin to race and Alex’s hand quickly lightening off my shoulder. Harry gave him a cold look. I looked up at Alex who gulped and backed away. Harry drew closer to where we sat; he looked down at me and walked straight on to his seat right behind me, Alex still hung over me, “you’ll regret what happened that night, I promise you that.” He said as he walked away.The day went on as it should have, soon it was already lunch time and the girls and I were reunited again but every once in a while, behind my back I could tell Alex was giving me a cold look.