CHAPTER TWO: A DELIGHTFUL SURPRISE

You got up for another "wonderfully" day of work with even more dread than you had before. They'll be nothing to make your day good except for the occasional kid that says something funny. Going to park in your spot the same car was there this time you read the plate

"MR BOX." Why was he here again? He said he was going to the restaurants in the next town over. What made him come back? Couldn't have been for you I mean he's got a wife and kids why would he leave that for his employee? You're not thinking straight just get inside and start your shift. Walking past a minivan mom and her 5 pet sperms to get to your register, he was there again this time wearing an employee's uniform.

"Hey Y/N I'm back to keep helping you since you really need it," He chuckled at that. You could feel your heart flutter. He was taking more time off to spend it with you. This was just like those books you've been reading, maybe there is a chance of you dating him. He showed you more stuff you felt stupid for not knowing but he assured you it was fine, to your surprise he invited you for dinner at his even though it was only as friends you could pretend it was more than that it was better that way anyways. At the end of the day, you bid him goodbye and went home to get ready, he was picking you up at 6 so you only had an hour. After getting a quick shower and throwing on a casual dinner outfit you were ready, actually how rude of you to not think of making something to bring, tsk tsk. Getting the box of mix you made the only thing that you're good at, brownies. Finally, he arrived late but you could excuse that.
"You ready to go?"
"Yeah, I made brownies for it."
"Well isn't that sweet of you," he grinned and walked you to the car you still can't tell if he was flirting with you at least you're hoping he was. His car was so nice and fancy you felt like you didn't belong in it like you aren't worthy of it. He grabbed a glass and poured you some water. He chatted with you till you got there. His house was huge and beautiful, very suiting for a man like him. He got out and opened the door for you, you got out and started heading for the house as he followed behind you. Both of you took off your shoes and headed to the dining room where his wife, daughter and son were.

"Hello hun," His wife Cricket said. You could feel the tension between her and Jack and it was upsetting the kids.

"You can put those in the kitchen Y/N," Jack said sternly to you, it caught you off guard he was so fun and goofy before joking and making small talk with you in the car, whatever it's not your business anyways. You put your box mix brownies in the kitchen and sat down at the table across from Cricket it was clear she wasn't happy with you or Jack. Everyone sat there eating quietly no talking, no joking, not even a "how was your day?" After Jr was done he asked to be excused then left with his sister. There was more silence before Jack said something

"You just gonna act like nothing happened?" He asked his wife

"Don't do this right now Jack we have guests over"
"Do what? I'm not doing anything,"

"Jack please they don't need to see this and the kids don't need to hear us argue again."

He got up and slammed his hands on the table "IF YOU DIDN'T WANNA FIGHT THEN YOU SHOULDN'T ON CHEATED WITH RONALD MCDONALD"
She started crying "PLEASE JACK IT WAS A DUMB MISTAKE"
"APPARENTLY YOU WERE MAKING THAT "DUMB MISTAKE" 3 TIMES A WEEK."

He stormed outside and slammed the door while Cricket kept calling for him, you followed him out. He was sitting on the porch stairs you sat down beside him.

"We're going to court for the divorce tomorrow while the kids are at school," he had his hands in his hands.
"I just wanna know how things got so bad," you couldn't help but feel bad for him, you started rubbing his back.

"It'll be okay, you're a good dad and you can prove that so you'll win the kids and you don't need her anyways"
"Thanks, Y/N," he hugged you and kissed your cheek, you blushed a bit

"If you want you can stay with me"

"I'd like that" he grinned and you did too, who knows what will happen while your single boss is living with you?