Chapter 1

I waited outside the movie theater, leaning against the metal pole of a tall street light. I stared at my black Converses while I waited for Victoria.

"Hey Dustin! Sorry I'm late!" a voice shouted as I heard footsteps running towards me. I looked up and saw Victoria. She had her brown hair flying behind her and her floral skirt bouncing up and down as she ran. All of a sudden, her pace increased and she started charging at me. She ran into me and I fell on to the metal pole.

"Really?" I asked her while I tried to keep my balance, "Really?"

Victoria laughed then said, "Let's go, we're going to be late."

We walked into the the theater and I went to buy the tickets. "What kind of movie do you want to watch Victoria?" I asked.

"Can we watch a romance movie? Please?" Victoria replied with a puppy dog face. Gosh, I can never say no to that.

"Ok. It's fine with me," I said as I went to buy the tickets with a smile.

"I love that about you Dustin. It's one of the reasons why I said yes when asked me to date you," Victoria confessed blushing. "I'll go buy the snacks and drinks."

"Remember to get the Milk Duds!!" I shouted across the room. Victoria then turned around, smiled, and gave me the thumbs-up sign.

I smiled and turned to back to the usher. "I'll have two tickets please."