010 ( a mother knows )

THIS IS ME TRYING                      a matt sturniolo fic ✧

THIS IS ME TRYING
a matt sturniolo fic ✧

                    THIS IS ME TRYING                      a matt sturniolo fic ✧

     [ REAL LIFE AND TEXT ]

                              enjoy <3

                                   IRL

                                   IRL

you know what people say, out of sight out of mind, well mercury was surely out of sight, but was she out of mind? no, at least not to the seven people who she spent most of her time with, especially not to matt.

nicks words really got into matts head, has he been that bad to mercury? there was only one person who could really answer that and it was mercury herself.

"which one is yours" suddenly asked a chubby blonde woman as they have been sitting without one word exchanged.

she was at a parent teacher meeting that melissa couldn't attend obviously, she and the woman next her were sitting on chairs outside waiting for the mom before them to finish.

"the curly blonde one" said mercury, pointing at henrys class picture as it was hung up on a wall filled with pictures.

the woman looked at mercury then at the picture again "you look nothing alike!"

"I'm not his mom, I'm his stepsister but his mom had a doctors appointment that she really couldn't miss"

"ohh makes sense" said the woman "I hope she's alright"

"she is don't worry"

the hallways were filled with silence before the woman spoke up again "I'm anne" she was comforting to be around, she had a sweet smile and smelled like vanilla, she felt like christmas morning, when you sit in-front of the fire place and drink hot chocolate after opening your presents.

"I'm mercury" said mercury with a sweet voice enjoying the conversation.

"what an interesting name" said anne "did your mom name you or your dad"

"my mom"

"well she seems like a wonderful woman"

sadness entered mercury's heart, she knows that anne didn't mean to hurt her "she truly was"

hearing the word was annes smile slowly dropped, she put her hand on mercury hand before she said "oh I'm sorry honey"

a smile formed on mercury's lips "no it's okay don't worry about it"

"how old are you?"

"I'm 18" answered mercury.

"going to college?" asked anne.

"yeah soon hopefully"

anne examined mercury "you look like the top of your class"

mercury looked at the woman she just met a couple of minutes ago, confusion all over her face "y- yeah I am actually, how did you know?"

"a mother knows" said anne laughing, mercury looked at the woman before joining her.

"her child must be a troubled kid" said anne talking about the mother that has been talking to the teacher for over 20 minutes.

"seriously she's been in there for a long time"

"um whose your child?" asked the teenager.

anne looked at the picture pointing at boy with light brown hair "his name is matt, truly a gift"

"aww he's soo cute" said mercury while looking at the picture.

"he looks like his father"

"no he has your eyes"

a woman stormed out of the room that she has been in for a while, both mercury and anne shared a look before laughing.

"well mercury it was nice meeting you" said anne while getting up to go to the teacher "hope to see you soon"

mercury didn't want anne to leave, she truly enjoyed her company and wanted to know more about her but everything comes to an end eventually.

mercury smiled at the woman as she left the hallway.

now it was quite and empty.

then notifications spammed her phone, she looked at her phone only to see "venus ❤️❤️" which was matt.

"okay change my contact name" said matt laughing "to what?" asked mercury.

matt took mercury's phone and typed on it "venus?" mercury read out loud confused.

"yeah closest planet to mercury"

                      venus ❤️❤️ - matt                 mercury ❤️❤️ - mercury

               venus ❤️❤️ - matt
                 mercury ❤️❤️ - mercury

venus ❤️❤️
mer
can we talk
can you come over

                                               mercury ❤️❤️
                                                        I can't rn
           I'm at henrys parents teacher meeting
                            I'll text you when I'm done

venus ❤️❤️
okay

                                     🪐

                                hii guys

            it's been too long I can't even 😭

I'm sorry for always saying I'm gonna update but never updating

I'm going try and update as much as possible

    love you <33

                              hayley ❤️