Acquaintances, or Life Long Enemies?

~Location: Ramshackle Dorm ~ POV: [Name] - Third Person~

[Name] was dreaming.. dreaming of what their life used to be. Aimlessly teleporting between familiar dimensions, collecting things, avoiding water

Just from a distance, what feels far, but sounds so close.. were the laughter of the three ghosts from the night before, pulling [Name] out of their sleep. [Name] yawned, their jaw unhinged as they come back to their sense. [Name] shook their head, trying to regain their senses. 

"Hee hee hee... sleeping the day away now, aren't we?" One of the ghosts chuckled. [Name] let out a low growl, and the ghost stopped chuckling. Beside [Name], a little Grim curled next to [Name] stretched out his little limbs as he yawned, and found another comfortable position to sleep in. [Name] got up from the old bed, and stretched their long limbs. Inside of Ramshackle, [Name] could hear the sounds of very fancy shoes coming towards their room.

When the very fancy shoes got to [Name]'s door it opened, to reveal an annoyed looking Crowley. "You! Just where did you think you could sneak off to?" Crowley asked. [Name] huffed, irritated at the presence of Crowley, and tried to shoo him out. "And you! I thought I had my students throw you out!" Crowley said while pointing at an awakening Grim. "Huh- whaa-!" Grim said, still half asleep. Crowley sighed, "Today, you two have a job! Follow me downstairs." Crowley ordered.

Crowley, and Grim walked their way downstairs, while [Name] had just teleported, waiting for them to come down. As they were all downstairs now, Crowley cleared his throat. "Your job today is to clean the campus." Crowley announced. Grim still looked sleepy, and [Name] did not understand this, "clean the campus", as Crowley had instructed. "That said, the campus is vast, and without magic, it'd be quite a Herculean task to clean it all."

"Therefore, today I'll have you focus on the area spanning from the front gates to the library." Crowley said, then he turned to [Name], "Now, you, creature! I do expect that you'll keep a close eye on Grim, lest he cause another incident like yesterday." [Name] huffed, and rolled their eyes, but they nodded. Crowley took that as a positive answer. "Do not fail me. You may take your lunch in the cafeteria. I eagerly await the fruits of your labor."

Crowley left [Name], and Grim in Ramshackle, heading back to his office. Grim grumbled, "Hrmph. I ain't cleanin' nothin'! I'm here to study magic so I can be blastin' off spells left and right! Like BAM! POW! FWOOM!" [Name] sighed, "Let's go to the front gate for now, the sooner we get it done, the better." [Name] said. "Hrmph." Grim huffed.

[Name], and Grim walked down to the front gate, [Name] taking in their surroundings to familiarize them. When they got to Main Street, Grim looked up at the statues, astonished. "Wow, so this is Main Street, huh? This is incredible!" Grim said. [Name] walked while looking at the statues, taking in great detail. [Name] looked at the guy with fire for his hair, and tilted their head, looking confused.

"I didn't get to see much of it yesterday. What's the deal with these seven statues? All their faces look pretty scary." Grim said, then he walked up to this statue with a heart shaped scepter. "Like, this lady here looks like he's got some reeeal anger management issues." Suddenly, a brave red head walked up to the duo. "You don't know the Queen of Hearts?" The red head asked. [Name] walked over to the two to observe the statue of current topic.

"Queen of Hearts? Is she some kinda big deal?" Grim asked. The red head continued. "She was a queen who lived in a mazelike garden of roses long, long ago. She was a strict woman who prized order above all. She wouldn't tolerate a rose being off-color, or her playing-card soldiers being out of step. She basically ruled over a kingdom of madness, but not one of her subjects dared to defy her. You wanna know why? Because the punishment for breaking a rule was immediate decapitation!" The red head finished.