Why Would You Let Them Wander?!

~Location: Dwarf's Mine ~ POV: The Gems On The Wall - Third Person~

(Minor sidenote, this I'm going off a realistic Enderman design on google for [Name], they have hooves instead of feet, btw, [Name] is still wearing the ceremonial robes, but they've ribbed off the sleeves)

[Name] charged towards the monster, and right as the monster was about to swing a potentially killing blow, [Name] teleported behind the monster, slashing it's back while screeching loudly. Taking the monster's hat in their jaws before teleporting away a safe distance. [Name] seemed to tuck the hat they stole in between some rocks, before charging at the monster again.

However, Deuce, Grim, and Ace were stunned at [Name]'s sudden boldness. "What are you doing?! This wasn't the plan!" Deuce shouted. "Well, what WAS the plan?!" Ace asked, annoyed. "I-I don't know!" Deuce admitted, sighing. "Myaaah! Poor [Name]'s gonna get themselves hurt!" Grim wailed, clinging onto Ace's leg, rubbing his face into Ace's pants sleeves, getting tears, and snot all over it. "Ugh! Gross! Do that to Juice!" Ace complained.
"It's Deuce!" Deuce said, reminding Ace.

"Begone! Begone! Begooone!" The monster roared, trying to swing its axe at [Name], only to miss when they teleport away. [Name] teleported behind the monster again, digging their hooves into the back of the monster while slashing their claws against the glass head. The already formed cracks that was dripping out ink started leaking more as more cracks were made on the glass.

"Grrraaawrrr!" 

As [Name] was busy fighting the monster, something down the mineshaft behind it started to sparkle. "Behind the monster! There's something sparkling in the mineshaft!" Ace said. "Could that have been a magestone?!" Deuce said.
"GWAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Nooo giiive yooouuuu stooooooooone!"

The monster tried to reach for the trio with it's axe while trying to get [Name] off its back with their other hand. Suddenly, Deuce had an idea. Not the brightest, but an idea is an idea. Deuce pointed his magic pen at Grim, and shouted a random spell. "Wingardium Leviosaaaa!" Deuce shouted. The spell caused Grim to start to levitate, and sent Grim flying past the monster over to the magestone.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NEEEEVAAAA GIIIVE YOOOUUU STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!"

[Name] kept the monster distracted, even as it wailed for the magestone. Grim began digging, and managed to get the magestone. "Myaaahahaha! The Great Grim has gotten the magestone!" Grim said, doing a little victory jump. [Name] dragged their claws over the glass of the monster one last time, before teleporting away to grab the hat with their jaws, picked up Grim who was holding the magestone, and teleported behind Ace, and Deuce. Signaling that it's time to run.

Ace and Deuce ran as fast as they could while [Name] was waiting outside with Grim in their arms. Once Ace, and Deuce were outside, they got back safely to the Mirror Chamber. Though, once they returned, Crowley was waiting for them. "Pardon?! You're telling me you actually went to the Dwarf's Mine in search of a magestone?" Crowley said, quite surprised.

"Uh...? Yes?" 

"I didn't expect that you'd seriously do it. And never in my wildest imaginings did I think you would actually return with a magestone! And here I spent all evening preparing your expulsion documents." Crowley said, a little disappointed to have wasted his time on something that wasn't useful. "Are you serious?! While we were fightin' some crazy monster for you, you were expelling us?!" Grim yelled, angrily holding the magestone over his head.

" "Monster"...?" Crowley looked confused. "Yeah. There was a monster, all right. A big, nasty one. It nearly killed us!" Ace complained. [Name] growled in disagreement as they were the one fending off the monster. [Name] was holding the monster's hat in their claws. A fine addition to their growing collection. "Would you kindly relate this story in full?" Crowley asked. Ace, Deuce, and Grim explained their story to Crowley as they walked towards his office.

 Ace, Deuce, and Grim explained their story to Crowley as they walked towards his office

/j

"Hmmm. So a mysterious monster was living in the mines. And... the four of you worked together to destroy it, and the brought its magestone back to me?" Crowley asked. [Name] was rapidly shaking their head. "Oh, yeaaah, totally working together, but I don't know that I'd call it "working together."" Ace said, trying to play off his lie. "It was more like we just happened to share the same goal... at the same time..." Deuce said. 

Crowley then burst into tears, sobbing loudly. "What is this guy's deal?! Burstin' into tears in public? At his age?!" Grim said, clearly disgusted with the Headmage's behavior right now. "In all the decades I've worked at this school... The day has finally come when the students of Night Raven College have joined hands together to defeat a common foe!" Crowley continued to sob, so very happy that his students worked together.

"Whoa! No! No way would I join hands with that guy!" Deuce protested. "Okay, one, there was no joining of hands. Gross. And two, exactly HOW old are you, Headmage?" Ace said, looking grossed out. "At this moment, I am moved beyond words. This incident has proven my hopes were justified. [Name], my doubts are allayed! For you... You possess the talents of a beastmaster!" Crowley announced with confidence. [Name] tilted their head in confusion at Crowley.

"My students have all been selected by the Dark Mirror for their exceptional talent and potential. But great talent begets great pride and big egos. Most are so self-reliant and self-centered that they never even consider cooperating with others." Crowley said. "You make it sound like that's a bad thing." Grim pointed out.

"But you, [Name], possess no magic. Yet in spite of that --- or perhaps because of it --- you were able to convince those who CAN use magic to work together for a common goal. The everyday, humdrum mundanity you possess may be exactly what Night Raven College needs!" Crowley said. "But... none of those words are good things?" Ace pointed out. "[Name]... I am convinced that people like you are necessary for the future of this school. My educator's intuition tells me so. Trappola, Spade --- I hereby revoke your pending expulsions!" Crowley said.

 Trappola, Spade --- I hereby revoke your pending expulsions!" Crowley said

Me when is me was when Chapter Eight. 🥐