11 - explained

-- Chloe's POV --

I patiently waited for the doorbell to ring, knowing that Alice is paying a visit to hand back the other spare of keys and a few clothes that she forgot to take.

Just than it went off, making my way to the door, i welcomed her in. "Good to see you again." She turned to look at me after stepping further in. "Can say the same to you." I replied.

"Chloe, we can settle down. I was the dramatic one but all i wish for now is to make things easy. No harsh feelings anymore." She gave me a smile. "That's something to think about." I walked to the living room, feeling her follow behind.

I took a seat, watching her do the same across from me. "How have you been?" She asked politely. "Well, better than with you." I answered without an expression.

"Honestly i'm sorry. Yes, you made the breakup form but i don't want anger to be held between us."

"Are you trying to be nice or convince me for something right now?" I looked at her weirdly. "I want us to be positive. Wish each other the best for the future."

"Well, than go find the best of the best and end up dying from old age." I pushed up a smile. "You and your attitude, Chloe." She chuckled out.

"I did love you." Alice admitted. "And still do." She continued. "Don't blame me now for how things ended up. I explained how i visualize life and if that's not what you can accept than it's good that we aparted." I explained it myself.

"I guess your right." She gave out a sigh. "Have you found anyone new?" She questioned out right after. "I don't have the time to bother with it so much."

"Maybe you don't mind staying in contact than? It's not the most smartest decision but perhaps things could go back the way they were."

"You can't be telling me that you want me back?" I replied, sort of giggling to her words. "And you think that just because you brought me pain means the love is gone?" Alice fired back.

"Alice." I leaned forward to look her deeper in her eyes. "I don't ever want to see you again nor bring you back in the situations for my pleasure in life."

"Alright. At least i tried. Here are the keys." She placed it on the table. "Your clothes are by the door." I looked at her stand up while saying. "Thank you and-" She paused, focusing her eyes on me for one last time. "Whatever." She turned around and disappeared from my view.

--
"So you're telling me that she wanted to start everything from the beginning?" Aurora looked at me amazed. "Mhm. Being around the bush but asking me to get back together." I explained.

"And? What did you say?" She asked in curiosity. "Aurora. I can't. To force myself in something that i can't picture being the same is not for me." I broke the eye contact, glancing towards the whiskey bottle on the table.

"What are you plans anyway? Will bother with finding a new relationship?" Aurora asked me but i kinda stopped to find the reply. I could feel my thoughts wrap around Katie. It felt quite obvious that i'm growing an attachment but to call it love - it can't be, can it?

"Boss." My eyes landed on her at the blinds of the vip lounge. "There's a CEO here to see you." Katie explained, giving me a glance right after. "Oh god! Right. I forgot he was coming." Aurora immediately jumped up. "Listen, i'll give you a visit tonight and we can chat." She spoke to me before rushing out.

I gave out a chuckle before leaning back on the couch, my eyes scanning Katie still standing there. "Hi." She softly smiled while walking over. "Well, hey. Usually your visual appearance gave off such a strong energy, now you seem-" I stopped my thought out loud.

"Now i seem like what?" She looked at me with curiosity. "Don't think i can't insult you so hardly till you grow complete madness towards me." She smiled whilst saying, sitting down on the couch. "Let's hear it than." I spoke back.

"Well our heated conversations appear after the dances, we're not quite anywhere close to planning one." She explained.

"True." I chuckled out. "You do have a strong mouth towards me every time though." I said before locking my eyes on her completely. "At least you know i'm not that much of a pussy." She said proudly to my confession.

"But-" She started. "I heard the conversation between you two." Katie confessed. "So you're that type of person? Listening behind doors?!"

"No, no! Don't think it that way. I just got- I wanted to know more about you and from that it seems like there's mess in one part of your life." She gave her opinion. "I've learned to not take it so close to the heart."

"So this Alice is your ex girlfriend?" She asked. "Yes, my undercover cop." I pushed up a smile. "Are you making light of the situation or signaling me to not bring her up?"

"Okay, listen, whatever. Fuck her and- i won't ask anything about that." She chuckled herself after speaking. "See, exactly. Fuck her and now i wanna talk about what the fuck is going on between us." I changed the topic.

"Katie, regardless of the times with all the lap dances performed, that's like okay, that's your duty for the job but the time we were here. The time you said you felt bad for me after what went down in here." I started.

"Why did you fucking kiss me? At that point only anger was roaming for each other but for you to kiss me, i want to understand what that was for."

I constantly kept my attention on her, patiently waiting for an explanation and her reaction to that.

"I did just feel bad. No feelings attached. Not like i haven't kissed any of my clients either." She answered. "Really?" I continued to push more out of her. "I just treat people weirdly, okay? One day i do something and the next i act different."

"Oh, mood swings is something you definitely show off." I looked at her with a smile. "See! So don't take anything serious on what i say or do."