Sell your soul- Dream x fem! reader (angst-ish)

Song recommendation: Music box- leiss ross / Sparks- coldplay

Tws: violence, cursing, slight gore, neglection, i think thats all?

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

The slow sound of dripping water was all I could hear and have heard for almost twenty-four consecutive hours now. All my plans were completely and utterly destroyed, and it wasn't even my fault. How did it happen? Let me tell you.

It all started one sunny day in L'manberg when I was cleaning up the meeting room. I wasn't very well respected in the country, and they didn't appreciate my talent with potions or my accuracy with a bow, so I was always assigned the 'woman jobs' such as cleaning and cooking which was rather boring if I do say so. While cleaning there was a meeting going on between Wilbur, Tommy, jack manifold, Fundy, and Tubbo. They were discussing a plan on how to get ahead in the war.

"Why don't we have someone become a spy for us? They could get information and report back to us." Jack Manifold suggested.

"Hm, that's not a bad idea. I like it!" Wilbur said in response, "But who?"

As they were deep in thought, fundy made the suggestion that would flip my life upside down.

"What about Y/N?" Fundy suggested, "She doesn't do much anyways."

I looked up from sweeping the floor and looked at the guys.

"M-me?" I said confused. The job seemed difficult and I didn't think I was cut out for it at all.

"Brilliant idea! Won't you do this job Y/n and help your country?" Wilbur said as everyone turned to look at me.

"I- sure, I'd love to president soot," I said with the biggest smile I could muster up.

I didn't want to do the job. I was quite terrified of the dream smp kingdom and dream himself. I didn't want to be anywhere near him and here I was going to be around him at all times possible.

That night I was sent out into the woods and into the area where the dream team usually patrolled. I was dressed like a wandering trader and had a few wounds and bruises to make it look like I was injured by mobs when in reality I had to carve the wounds into my skin and get help with the bruises, which was quite depressing.

It wasn't very long before Dream himself found me looking pitiful and crying on the forest floor and he took me into his castle. From there my job was easy. I and Dream grew very close in the first month I was there. I learned some important tactics and sent them to Wilbur in letter form through a crow. During the second month, I was out in the forest for a walk near lmanberg when I heard some of my so-called 'friends' talking about how Wilbur and the officials planned to leave me in the dream smp after I was done and publicly call me a traitor in front of all the citizens of lmanberg, claiming that I switched sides and betrayed them all. When I heard the news I rushed back to the dream smp and sobbed in my room.

What was I to do now?

I ended up deciding to stop supplying them with information and focus on dream. I recently realized my feelings for him and decided to distract myself from him and move on from lmanberg. We grew closer in the next few weeks and I believed everything was going well until one night he burst into my room screaming at me for betraying him as I sobbed and desperately tried to explain everything to him, but he wouldn't listen to me at all. Instead, he threw me in a cell with no food, no water, and the only light was coming from a candle that was now almost burnt. That leads me to where I am now. Wallowing in self-pity and hatred when the iron door opens slowly to reveal none other than Dream himself.

I looked up to make eye contact with him before diverting my gaze back to the ground. God, I looked piteous. My hair was a mess, my eyes and face puffy and red from sobbing my eyes out. I was ghostly looking and frail from not seeing light or being fed in almost a week and I was just lost in my thoughts.

"Hello Y/n, how are you." He said in a cold tone. I didn't even bother to respond, there was nothing I could do to better my case.

"Answer me." He said, his tone angrier.

"Why should I? It'd be pointless anyways; you don't bother to listen to me and wouldn't care about anything I have to say to you. You hate me. I bet you even have my execution date planned." I say quietly, tears welling up in my eyes.

It was quiet for a moment before he spoke again.

Why'd you do it?" He asked, his voice threatening to break.

"I- It wasn't like I betrayed you. This whole thing was a planned dream. L'manberg hated me and decided I was the most useless person, so they sent me to spy for them, not caring if I died or got hurt in the process because to them I was dispensable. I was just a pawn in the game of war, so I played my part until I found that they planned to leave me for dead after I filled my role and- and I decided to quit after my realization."

"And what was your realization?" He asked kneeling in front of me.

"I- I realized I was in love...with you" I admitted before sobbing again. "And it's dumb! This whole fucking thing was dumb! I was so stupid to think I could gain their respect by being their spy. I was stupid to ever fall in love with- with someone who could never love me back a- and now I'm destined to die a terrible death that I do deserve because I'm a terrible person!" I finish, my voice trembling as I sob my eyes out, not looking at the man in front of me.

Once again, the room was filled with silence before I heard a sigh come from Dream and felt my body being pulled into his lap as he engulfed me in a tight hug, rubbing my back comfortingly. I clung to him in return.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry i-" hic, "I'm so sorry" I whisper.

"Sh sh it's okay, I forgive you." He said comfortingly, holding me close to him.

He then pulled away to look me in the eyes, "Y/n, if I cover all of this and pardon your crimes you have to promise- swear. You have to swear that you'll cut all ties to L'manberg and be loyal to me and me only starting now."

I look at him, not breaking eye contact.

"I swear," I say.

"Good, now, will you join me in my reign and become the most powerful ruler of the Dream SMP? We'll be even more powerful than XD and all those dumb gods!" He said, a crazed look in his eyes.

This sounded nothing like the dream I knew but I did the only thing I could. I agreed.

"I will."

He stood up and offered his hand to me. As I took his hand it was like I sealed my fate and sold my soul to the devil.

word count; 120