Jealous | m.c

"Who is that coffee for?", the cute boy at starbucks looked at me flirty. "Maly." I smiled shyly.

"Maly. Wonderful name." He wrote it on the paper cup and handed it to me "Have a nice day, beautiful." For a short moment I looked at him shocked. I wasn't used to getting called beautiful by handsome guys. "Oh, uhm- thank you." I tried to suppress another smile. I didn't want him to think I was an idiot. "You too." I walked outside the shop and nipped my coffee only to burn my tongue cause it was damn hot. "Fuck." I swore and took the cup in my other hand. I noticed a number on it. What was that? I turned it a little. There was neatly written a phone number. Well, atleast I guessed it was one. Give me a call? - Zac

I smiled. Was this really happening? To me? Should I call him? Of course I should, I thought but then my face dropped. What about Michael? He was my best friend but apparently I developed some feelings for him lately.I was not quite sure how to feel about them but, well there were the typical symptoms when I was about to meet him. Faster heartbeating, sweaty hands, butterflies. It was stupid. I mean we were best friends and it would destroy the whole friendship if he found out. Besides, he wouldn't be interested in somethink like that, anyway. He was too punk rock. With his coloured hair and ripped jeans. I mean I had my nose pierced and wore ripped jeans and stuff aswell but he was, well, he was hot. And I was not. So, I would just give Zac a call and don't think about Michael. I should completely forget Michael in love things. So I took out my phone, typed in Zac's number and texted him.

To: Zac

From: Maly
Hey, it's Maly. That girl that was in starbucks :)

I knew that he was working right now so I didn't expect him to answer in the next four hours or something.

His answer, however, came faster than I thought. After two hours of waiting I got a message that said:

To:Maly

From:Zac
Aww hey I was afraid you wouldn't text. Glad you did x

I smiled. Why did he think I wouldn't text? I was sure he could get every girl. He looked like some sort of greek god. Nothing compared to Mikey though, a voice in my head said. I muted it.

To: Zac

From: Maly
Of course I did! Thanks for the number. And the coffee :)

To:Maly

From:Zac
Did you like it, cutie? It was one of the first coffees I did at Starbucks!

To:Zac

From:Maly
Oh, I loved it! Although I burned my tongue lol

I hoped he would get that I was just kidding him.

To:Maly

From:Zac
Aww no, haha. You want me to come watch your tongue? ;) No, but seriously: would you like to see me again?As a date or something?

Was Zac alias hot Starbucks boy just asking me out? What the fuck happened? I would say yes, but I kinda wanted to tell Michael before. He still was my best friend and that was a thing you tell a best friend.

To: Clifford, the red dog

From: Maly
Hey Mikey, can I come over?

He replied after two minutes.

To: Maly

From: Clifford, the red dog
Sure. You mind the boys playing fifa or you want me to kick 'em out?

I laughed. That was typical for the boys. Hanging thr whole day on Michael's couch and playing fifa. I didn't reply, Mikey knew I didn't mind. I grabbed my keys, my phone and my rucksack and left the house.