Chapter 1 - A Being

TW: Swearing (Highschoolers swear all the time, it's kinda expected)

---------

"I'm going to die in this attic..." Oli muttered, wiping over another crate.

Tink.

Oli shot up at that sound, glancing around for the source of it. A small, very dusty, goblet had fallen to the ground. It was tiny, probably about the size of a shot glass. Oli frowned, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Stupid tiny noise. Don't scare me like that."

Silence seemed to each out, reminding Oli that he was talking to himself. The blonde tapped his foot, eyes darting around rapidly.

"Hello..? What am I doing, if there is a murderer or some shit, I don't think I want it to respond! Or if it was a ghost... Orion, stop rambling, this is what got you into this mess."

An annoyed groan was let from the teen's lips, flipping around to grab the cloth back up.

Smash.

"GAH-" Oli had spun around, leaning onto the crate he had just cleaned to stabilize himself. A glass bowl he had earlier seen perched upon a crate had smashed down, glass shards decorating the dusty floor.

"Okay, okay..." Oli took a few panicked breaths, "What the hell...? Hello? Is someone there...? Why am I asking?"

Oli held his breath for a moment. He expected no noise... But something else made a sound. A small whimper? A scared creature?

"Hello...?"

Oli took a step towards the glass. He walked till he was in front of the shattered glass, placing a hand on the near box. He took a breath, before finally looking around to the edge of the box.

What he thought was going to be some animal -such as a racoon- was something much different.

A being. Humanoid.

A ghost.

The blonde's mouth sat agape. The being held a humanoid form, a mass of darker mist upon the head, along with too darker circles of the eyes, a vague outline of the rest of the eyes. The eye whites had no differentiation from the pure white misty body mass. It was all transparent, the transparent beige clothing shapes being what made up the torso, and a darker brown for the creature's leg shapes.

"W-wha-" Oli managed to sputter out, staring at the being that seemed to be curled in a ball. "A-are you... Are you okay..?"

"I- I'm sorry-"

"Are you alright..?" Oli questioned once again to the being that just spoke. It was a more masculine voice, but higher pitched -probably only from fear.

"S-sorry- Sorry- I- I- I knocked it d-down- I'm s-sorry!"

"Hey- hey- Um- It's fine, it's fine..." Oli quickly knelt down towards the being, knees barely missing the glass. "Don't worry about it... U-um, why are you here?"

The being shooked it's head rapidly, letting out small sobs.

"You d-don't need to answer that, I'm sorry." Oli quickly spoke, "What's your name?"

"P-Pix... Pixl... I- I'm Pixl Riffs..."

(453 Words)