Chapter 4 - No one with Answers

TW: swearing (like normal)

--------------

"You-hoo! Oli! Orion 'Oli' Sound? You lost in space or some shit?"

The brown eyes of Oli soon blinked, shifting to stare at the person in front of him.

"You're zoning out a lot, bud."

Oli glanced to the next person to speak, finally realizing it was directed towards him. "Oh- Um- Sorry, just thinking a lot."

"Oli, thinking? Pshhh. With what brain cells?"

Oli sighed, standing, walking over to the blonde who had spoken. Oli hit him over the head. "FUCK- OW- OLI YOU BITCH!"

Gem was cackling with laughter. The dad of the ground was ready to scold the pesky bird on his language. The blonde glared up at Oli, soon flipping him off. Oli returned with an offended look, "How could you! First insult my lack of brain cells, then you swear at me, now you're flipping me off! You short gremlin- You're so mean!"

"SHORT GREMLIN!? You are one to talk-"

"At least Oli's more than 5'2-" Mumbo chuckled, as Grain gave an offended glare.

"I'm 5'3!!!"

Oli chuckled as the two bickered. It was funny- His group of friends went to an entirely different school... The hermits, as they called themselves.

"Why were you zoning out?"

Oli turned to the voice, seeing Xisuma speaking to him. "Oh- X... Um..." Oli let out a sigh, "Even if I told you, you wouldn't believe me..."

"You sure?"

"I don't know. Do you believe in ghosts?"

"Not specifically. I wish they existed... Plenty of people do."

"They do exist, though!" Oli let out a long, dramatic sigh, "I met one!"

"Mhmmm..." X placed a hand on Oli's head, "Is this another thing that you dreamt up?"

"No, it isn't! Their name is-" Oli was interrupted by a loud yelp from Mumbo. All of them looked over, seeing the blacked haired boy on the ground, a familiar pesky bird sitting on his chest.

"Grian tackled me again!"

"Mumbo wouldn't take it back!"

A long sigh was drawn from Xisuma as he wandered over to the chaotic best friends.

Oli glared at the ground, letting thoughts pile up...

"Oli. You seem stressed. Is it about all the attic cleaning duties?" Lizzie questioned her closer friend, the blonde looked to glance at her.

"I'm fine... Attic cleaning is the least of my concerns." Oli said with confidence -well, the attic cleaning part. "Just trying to do some research into something..."

"Ooh- You should talk with fWhip about that. He likes research -as long as it isn't school related."

"Yeah, no. Anyone but fWhip... But..." Oli sighed, "Where do you think I could find information about some who died in this area within the last... 20 years lets say?"

"A... A police centre- hospital... or cemetery." Lizzie answered with uncertainty.

"Oh- How did I not think of that!?" Oli chuckled, noting down the answer on his hand. The blonde pushed himself from the table, "Thanks, Lizzie!"

"Oli- ORION!!!"

Oli had already ran off.

He slipped the hat over his head, pulling on the strings lightly. The panda hat settled comfortably on the human's head. The messenger bag slid over his shoulders, door soon swinging back open loudly.

"Orion, get your ass over here to explain yourself!!!"

With a shake of his head, Oli ignored his father's voice, rushing down the stairs quickly.

"Young man-"

"Sorry dad, super duper busy!" The blonde gave a cheeky smile and a wave, slipping out the front door. A loud yell could be heard as the teen darted off. Slender legs extended quickly, one after another to form a quick run.

"Hello! I have a question!" Oli dashed in the building, a giddy look on his face. He ran up to the counter, where sat a woman in blue and white.

"Hello kid, what do you need? What's this question you have?" She asked with a curious expression.

"Do you have logs of deaths dating back like... 10 years or more?" Oli tilted his head to the side as he asked.

"We.... we have some logs, but I believe all of that isn't open to the public."

"Please, I need to help someone! Their name is Pixl Riffs! They died, but I don't know exactly when or how..." Oli mumbled with a frown laying on his features.

"I do apologize, but these are confidential files. As much as a case like your one may not be a problem to tell you about, I don't believe we have the time to."

"Understood..."

And on the side of the road the blonde sat, a long disappointed sigh escaping his lips. "Who would even know!? Even if I find out more, I won't know anything about their life! Stupid... Stupid... Stupid..."

A small patter started from the clouds above, Oli pulling his hat close to his head. It soon turned to a harder rain, soaking the red floral short sleeved button up that sat upon his shoulders. Oli pulled it closer to his body, shiving slightly at the cold water from the skies.

"Just great..." 

(790 words)