Chapter One

Riley: - Ugh! I can’t believe I’m late again. It’s the third time this week. What the hell Is wrong with me! This would of never happen if I didn’t take those stupid five-minute extra naps, this sucks.

"You grumble, stumble and tumble, hustling to get ready, the best part is that you don’t live alone. Ever since your friend Jamie parents died, you take the chance and took her in. She lives with you and now you’re both inseparable."

Jamie: - So, you’re late…. again. What is the use of you having an alarm clock if you still are going to be late? What’s it? Your… third time this week. You know that’s going to land you in detention, right?

"You throw some of your glares her way, hoping that she drops it."

Riley: - You think! Don’t you have anything else better to do than to provoke me? Let’s say… I don’t know, maybe getting ready for school. That sounds like a good idea right now.

Jamie: - I’m already ready for school. Why don’t you set the timer earlier, that way you will get those extra five minutes that you crave so much. 

Riley: - Do you mind? I’m trying to move as fast as I can, and you’re there blabbing. I’m in no mood for your lectures this morning Jamie.

"Ok ok, she protested. As she backs out of the room with her hands raised in mocked surrender. A smirk playing on her lips as if she’s doing it silently."

Jamie: - Set your clock. Or it will be detention, detention, detention. And you know the principal will be glad to give it to you.

"She says in a sing song voice as she strolls out the door. You ready yourself quickly with the little time you got left, and race down the stairs. Jamie leans on the door with that smirk you hate so much right now."

Jamie: - Took you long enough. I can see it now, your detention slip.

Riley: - Yeah, whatever. Let’s just go.

"You responded as you rush out the door annoyed by her teasing. It’s your senior year, and it’s been quite crazy with some changes around the school lately."

"There were some rumors spreading about a secret underground racket at the school’s grounds."

Jamie: - Have you heard about the new kid? All the girls are talking about him.

Riley: - No why?

Jamie: - Well, I hear he is totally hot and SINGLE!

Riley: - Do you want to burst my ear drums? Hot and single, got it. But don’t scream it, Jamie.

Jamie: - Oh sorry, I’m just so excited. I wonder who’s class he’s in.

Riley: - Don’t know, don’t care.

Jamie: - Oh come on. Aren’t you a bit curious, to know who this hottie is?

Riley: - Nope.

Jamie: - Come on Riley. Not even in the slightest.

Riley: - Nuh-uh. I have way better things to think about.

Jamie: - Anyway, we’ve got English, you fantasy pooper. So, we better hurry up before we’re late. 

"You get the feeling of being watched, so you turn and scan around you, seeing that things looked normal the hallways clear. You shrug your shoulders and walk to class."

"When you arrive, everyone is busy getting to their seats. Some had a make-out session, while others were there in their own little world. Shortly after your teacher Mr. Kent walks in, placing his things on the table."

Mr. Kent: - Morning everyone, we have a new student with us today and I’ll like for you to make him feel welcome.

"He then, with his hand motioned for the person to come in. The girls gasp and the boys just grumble, feeling a bit of competition."

Mr. Kent: - Everyone, I’ll like for you to meet Justin Rivers. He’s new, so go easy on him.

"Everyone welcomed him with “HI’s” and “hello’s” but when his ice blue eyes land on yours, your body goes numb, and you felt like your brain short circuited."

"You have no idea how long you’ve been like that staring stupid at the gorgeous blue-eyed stallion. But you were brought back to reality when a hand touches your shoulder."

"You look up and noticed that blue eyes is standing right there in front of you, his gaze a bit intense. Blinking a few times, you asked."

Riley: - Can I help you?

"You said with a roll of your eyes and attitude placed lips."

Justin: - Is this seat taken, kitten?

Riley: - No, you can sit wherever the hell you like. It’s a free damn country. And please don’t call me kitten, I’ve got a name.

Mr. Kent: - Riley!

Riley: - Sorry Mr. Kent.

Justin: - Thanks.

"You were successful in going through your school hours without the presence of blue eyes on your first day of senior year."

"Not every class you have together, and you were thanking the heavens for that. And that’s good because being around him just seems to draw you in."

"His eyes are gentle when he looks at you, which is super weird since you NEVER caught the attention of any guy."

NEVER!

"Where did this space alien come from? You’d be lying if you say he wasn’t attractive. Because damn shit, he very much is. And in good shape too."

"Delicious."

"When he touched you in class, you felt a small serge of electricity flowing through your arm. And to make things a bit weirder whenever you turn, he’s there watching."

"Note to self, one for the creepo meter."

"You were doing fine being invisible before he came. DAMN WELL FINE! but now with him here, it looks like there’s going to be trouble. And just not any kind."