Chapter Eleven

Natasha's POV.

Steve really keeps his promise. Now the both of us are strolling around in the mall, but he wears nerd-like glasses and a black cap while I'm wearing a hoodie over my head. I don't do public relationships. After Steve told me about Stark posting our photo to Twitter, I gave him a good beating already. A black eye and almost broken ribs are what he needed, after all.

"Seems like Stark's the only lucky one to always get tortured by you." Steve mentions and chuckles while I smirk devilishly and triumphantly, clearly flattered by his statement. Well, he's right.

"He loves getting on my nerves, the lucky one used to be Clint." I state casually and I shrug my shoulders, as we walk further ahead, a stall selling candies catches my eye, and the best part is, cotton candy is sold there! I admit that I have a really big sweet tooth. "There's cotton candy, Steve!! Can I? Can I?" I point to the stall with my forefinger and I plead Steve like an excited little child. Before he can even say anything, I pull Steve to the stall and he stumbles a little, almost falling to the ground together with his cap. I quietly snicker and Steve sighs, I hear him laughing.

"Of course, Nat." He chuckles at my reaction and shakes his head slightly. "Oh, what colour do you want? Purple, pink or blue?" Steve places his hands on my shoulders, completely ignoring the presence of the candy seller who's looking at us awkwardly. He has sandy hair and he's probably still single, poor guy. I send Steve a challenging smirk while crossing my arms.

"You know my favorite colour, Steve! Get it wrong and I'll burn the whole of your Divergent series." I threaten him and his blue eyes widen, along with a jaw drop, but soon recovers with a confident expression. Well, it's a must for Steve to know the answer. Of course, I'm obviously messing around with him about turning his Divergent series into ashes.

"Two cotton candies please, pink and blue."

Bingo. I love pink, a problem with that?

The seller nods, but freezes for a short second after he takes a good look at Steve. Before he proceeds to make the cotton candy for us, he asks curiously.

"Wait, aren't you Cap -"

Steve places a finger in front of his lips, making a 'quiet' sign. The seller's eyes widen in surprise and looks at me, I return a smirk back at him. I guess he knows who I am now. He nods slowly before using a cotton candy machine to make our treats. It only takes him a few minutes to finish making the cotton candies.

The sandy haired seller first hands me my pink cotton candy, "One for the lady, and one for the guy." He gives Steve the blue one. We chime in 'thank you' to the seller coincidentally and we chuckle.

"That would be three dollars for two, sir."

Steve pulls out three one dollar notes from his wallet and hands them to the seller with a smile before leaving. I loop my arm around his, clinging onto him while taking a bite out of my cotton candy. The sweetness melts warmly on my tongue, stimulating my taste buds. Steve glances at me with those blue eyes of his before eating his share. He sees an empty coffee bench and leads me towards it before the both of us sit down.

"Where else do you want to go next?" Steve asks me before eating his blue cotton candy.

Sinking and dissolving my teeth into the soft, cloud-like treat, I'm almost finished with the candy. I tend to eat sweets faster than my normal meals. I roll my eyes upwards and I tilt my head aside, "Hmm... Oh hey, look there!" I point to the right side.

"What?" Steve is confused and he really turns to his right, I take a huge bite out of his fluffy candy and I smirk mischievously, chuckling silently. "There's nothing, Nat.. Hey! I wonder who stole a giant bite of my candy.. Someone's gonna get diabetes..." Steve accusingly narrows his blue eyes at me in a jokingly way. I roll my emerald eyes as I ignore him and I finish my cotton candy silently. I'm laughing so hard internally, but I'm trained to mask my true expressions so I wear on a poker face.