Chapter Fifteen

Steve

Opening my light blue eyes, I am awaken from my sleep. But I didn't wake up to Natasha's petrified screams like these few days, instead she snuggles and sleeps in my arms comfortably. Her silky fiery hair covers almost her whole face and my fingers gently brush her hair away, unveiling her perfect features. A faint smile is what catches my eye on Natasha's plump lips, it's so rare seeing her sleeping so peacefully without the interference of her nightmares. From her past to Tchort. Boy, I can watch her all day long.

Cupping Natasha's cheek with my palm, my thumb caressing her soft skin lovingly. I take a look on the glowing numbers on the surface of my digital clock. 7:41 am. That's the latest time I've slept until after I started dating Natasha, normally I used to wake up in the daybreak. When the memories of midnight rewind back, I smile stupidly as the thought of me being the first to wish Natasha 'Happy Birthday' while rushing with two mugs of hot chocolate on each hand, poking her sides while she was drinking her chocolate floats in my mind. Her expression was priceless and she failed to stay mad at me for long.

Another thought snaps me in shock, I still haven't gotten Natasha her present yet! I gaze at the red haired girl, who's still in her dreamland. I gently remove my arms from Natasha, not wanting to wake her up, and I lay her head softly on her pillow to make her comfortable. I tuck Natasha in with her blanket after wrapping her arm around her Captain America bear. I know Natasha for three years, she and sleep have a very good relationship. I'm jealous. Natasha wouldn't be awake around this time.

Sealing a chaste kiss on Natasha's forehead, I smile lightly at her before I head to wash up. I wear a graphic t-shirt with a scenery of a beach and knee length pants in brown. Throwing on a pair of shades, I'm good to go.

I know exactly what to buy for Natasha now.

---

Natasha

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAT!!!"

"For the love of God!!?" My emerald eyes pop open immediately in shock, and I'm awaken by the loud birthday wish by the three idiots whom wished me - Clint, Tony and Bruce. Yawning, the drowsiness within me isn't cleared yet. I nearly forgotten today's my birthday, I mean my death day. My eyes are still half open. "What a good morning call, boys. Thank you all." I reply with a smirk.

Realizing I hadn't heard Steve's voice, my green eyes dart to the empty space beside me on my bed and I'm puzzled, no wonder I feel colder despite the blanket covered on me. "Have you boys seen Steve?" I ask, hoping someone will know.

The guys look at one another and crease their eyebrows, "Never seen him this morning, Tasha." Clint chimes, Tony and Bruce agree with him by shaking their heads. Confused, I run my slender fingers through my tangled red locks, untangling them. He was sleeping beside me then.. where else could he be?

"Want me to call him for you, Tasha?" Clint asks, pulling out his cellphone from his pants pocket. I nod with a smile as I get off from my bed, the blanket slipping off from my body, revealing my scarred arms from the nights earlier. Clint starts to call Steve and he exits my room.

Bruce and Tony notice my arms and they keep staring with widen eyes, I raise an eyebrow and I place my hands on my hips. "What?" I demand with my famous smug looking expression as I ignore their stares and I head to the bathroom. Bruce stops me bravely and frowns, "And you said nothing happened, Natasha."

"Guys, I met in an accident days ago. There's no need to freak out all over it." Flatly I say with a plain, unamused expression, I don't want to ruin my mood on my birthday. A small, forced smile appears on my lips as I enter the bathroom, leaving Tony and Bruce behind, confused.